I bought a set of clippers

I'd recommend a good bath before to remove any muck and grease, the clippers will find it much easier through washed clean hair on the hairy natives. Plenty oil every 10 mins and keep brushing your blades off to remove hair build up. Long smooth cuts rather than lots of little short ones but dont worry too much about lines if your not going anywhere within a week,they settle down :)

Reactions: Native Lover
I am a straight line fanatic, I can't bear to leave them wonkey :p As Mystiquemalaika said, nice long, steady, gliding strokes get you the best finish, and you always clip against the way the hair lies, well as much as you can, some swirls can get a bit fiddly :D If you can't bath a good hot toweling can make a big difference, the more dirt in the coat the quicker you blunt out your blades.

I had some Avalons for a while but Albi's coat just laughed at them. Julie clipped Joey brilliantly for me with hers a few years ago so I'd hoped mine would cope, but sadly not.... I probably left it to late. I think the secret is to start clipping before it gets too thick and then do it regularly so it doesn't get the chance to grow too much!

newrider.com