I am so brave!!

Gambit, my ancient loan Sec A, has mysterious skin condition at the moment - bald patches, but not particularly itchy or sore. Vet saw him yesterday, gave him steroid injection, shampoo for me to do every 2 days, told me to put honey on the sore bits (and amazingly he didn't get covered by flies/wasps in the field :D) and he has to have a Penicillin injection every day :eek: Thought that my farmer hubby would do it for me - he injects cows all the time - but no, said hubby admitted that he has an irrational fear of horses (even a 11hh 34 year old!!) and could not do it. So - this morning, with shaking hands, I did it!! Gambit, bless him, jumped when I put the needle in and then kept moving about whilst trying to get syringe on and drug administered (20ml, which seems like a lot). However, we got it done and now I have 3 more mornings to look forward to.

Ali xx

Well done! :D
It's one of those things that I will fortunately never have to find out if I'm brave enough to do, as I'm allergic to penicillin and mustn't handle it. Last time he was done, a little had spilled down the needle and it dripped on my hand when I was putting it in the sharps bin - left me with a huge sore welt :( So my boyfriend, step-mum and best mate do any jabbing that needs to be done! :D

Good luck with your next three mornings and give Gambit a cuddle for me for being such a good boy for you!

I am allergic to Penicillin as well, but I don't think to such an extent that it would affect my skin (I had baby wipes to hand just in case of a spillage). Only other option is for the vet nurse to come out at £10 per time :eek:

Hubby confirmed that Gambit was jumping around as they can feel the needle when it moves - once I was actually pushing the plunger in, he cannot feel anything and it wouldn't have been painful at all.

Ali xx

One browny point for you for being brave!!! I don't think I could do it either!!! :eek: I let my brave dad do the jabbing!!!

I'm a chicken and admit to it!!! :)

newrider.com