I am now an adult who rides a pony!!

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
I just realised that I now fit into a specific category of the forum as I am now an adult who rides a pony!! A very cute pony whom I am becoming very fond of. Am in talks to increase my share days with him as it’s going so well.

There is no point to this post really, other than to share I feel like a proper pony club adult. Maybe one day we will go away to camp and live out my childhood dream.

They're so much fun, aren't they?
He is so cheeky with loads of personality. And he goes like a rocket! I am working up to the canter as I have been warned he really does whizz round. But even with all his fizz he seems safe and always comes back to me. I always leave with a big smile on my face.

Reactions: Huggy
If you feel safe then the fizz is fun, and to be fair some ponies can look like they whizz round but when you're on them they feel like they're going nowhere fast so you just sit there giggling 🤣. A few more rides and you'll be totally corrupted, I mean converted . . .

I hope you can increase your share days, it's so good to hear you're having fun.

If you feel safe then the fizz is fun, and to be fair some ponies can look like they whizz round but when you're on them they feel like they're going nowhere fast so you just sit there giggling 🤣. A few more rides and you'll be totally corrupted, I mean converted . . .

I hope you can increase your share days, it's so good to hear you're having fun.
The whizz is just pure forwardness and fun. He aims to please and just wants to get going. And because everything happens so quickly I am becoming more focused when I ride. I'm enjoying playing around with the aids, he is so responsive to my weight aids and he can work so nicely. I have been playing around with direct transitions and this really gets him listening. I feel like he is constantly saying "what are we doing next?".

• Love
Reactions: carthorse
Nope - not a pointless thread at all😘😘

My beloved Duke (RIP) who was with me 24 of his 27 years was classified as a pony in the Walking Horse world. He was 14.3H full of heart, work ethic, no fear, and plenty of go.

Maybe it will come to pass that your share days will be you own him days🐎🐎

Reactions: Huggy
You can't beat a pony ride in my opinion, so glad you are enjoying him!

newrider.com