I am doing it :)

Native Lover

Native Pony Fan
Jul 13, 2009
Lincolnshire,wheres the hills?
stores.shop.ebay.co.uk
I have had one lesson part trotting and now have 6 days to learn to trot for a walk/ trot ridden new first season together show eeekkks I have just gotten on Melody tonight and practiced trotting her in the school she was fabulous even working on my correct diagnals too. I have 5 more days to learn ridden showing. I am working on getting a nice forward walk and nice forward trot and balancing and working a lightly as I can.. I have not done trotting since I fell off in Nov so very out of practice but very proud of myself for giving this a go.

Trotting round the school today I was wondering how I have managed to waste most of this year with confidence and nerves but I am very determined to give this ridden showing ago :)

I dont want to show ourselves up i have a wonderful pony who I want to enjoy to the full :)

Brilliant!! I know exactly what you mean about feeling you have wasted time on confidence and nerves! I feel like that all the time! But equally each little triumph feels so much sweeter because of the confidence and nerves issues!

Reactions: Native Lover
Try not to worry. OK so I wasn't doing showing I came back into dressage instead but by God was I scared! I was petrified it would take me the usual half the arena to get walk to trot out of her (especially as I'd forgotten my stick and didn't realise until we'd entered at A!) but we got it almost OK.

And then we had "straight down centre halt at X". Mare does wiggle when asked for straight line and as for a square halt... that's an exercise in planting all four feet as crookedly as possible. We even have discussions about whether or not circles have sides and I was pretty sure the judge was on my side, just a shame mare wasn't. And finally we have forward movement. Mare has the impulsion of a slug.

I came out thinking the judge was probably horrified by what she saw but I might get a few points just to stop me throwing myself off the nearest bridge.

In fact I got a 7 for one circle and 8 on the other, an 8 for rider's position, effectiveness and balance and 66.1% for the whole test.

You will be fine :D. Just ignore those nerves (easier said than done I know!) And have a good time :)

Well done Chev for having ago :)

That sounds about like what a dressage test for me would be like lol but it is another of my to do lists. I am 49 now and still have so many firsts to do with my pony but I plan to tick them off one at a time. I cannot jump Melody due to an issue she has so walk / trot showing and Walk / Trot Dressage along with inhand showing could be our way forward to competing :)

NL you should try some internet dressage. I'm hoping to do some this autumn through e-dressage.

And if you feel she's getting too much in the go around trot you can always ask if you can stand her in the middle while the others go round.

But I'm sure she will be perfect and you will come out of the ring with a huge smile on your face :)

I would like to do internet and real dressage over time at lower levels.... I have spent two days doing the trot around with Eva and Lunan :) I am going to go at the back and hope she doesnt want to race ... she has been a good girl so far taking care of her mummy :)

I will just ride and smile any way my trotting is pants duee to only being back in the saddle nine day really of which 6 days we have been practicing our troting. today is my last ride before the show.I have to realy pull up my socks today :)

You will be fine I am sure, Melody is so well schooled she wont get race brain on and will look after you. And you can def pull up if you're worried, a ribbon is not worth risking your confidence for. Good luck and keep smiling :D

Today is the day... I have had 3 hours sleep... not much but got to still get all my show clothes and concours outfits iron so will have an early start on them making sure I have everything I need :) EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSS LOL wish us luck :) corrrect diagnals, breath, smile and have fun :D :D :D

Will be back later with hopefully lots of pic of our amazing day ...

Reactions: Jessey
I now have pictures of my amazing day to complete this post :) I was 4th in a huge inhand M & M class.... Unplaced in my ridden New and Novice class and 4th inhand in my inhand Concours D'Elegance Class.... Heres the pics including my beautiful rosettes :D

Our inhand M & M Class
11939125_1049657341720702_41713704_n.jpg
Melody 4th inhand Kenwick.jpg

Our ridden new and Novice class
11940333_1049657358387367_9891701_n.jpg
11947499_945179712218631_4236821480107657056_n.jpg

Inhand Concours D'Elegance class
Melody 4th concours inhand Kenwick 2015.jpg
11951215_1017776311589862_6296899680401516788_n.jpg

our inhand rosettes for the day :)
11953213_940289099374359_1459007677694060805_n.jpg

Last edited: