I am cream crackered! But happy:0))

Cobgirl

addicted to life!
Oct 15, 2007
Wilmington, SE England, UK
Just got back from an hour's hack on my part loan girlie...I am shattered, think I might have something coming as I ache from head to foot:eek:

The weather is quite windy today and that's not good for Molls as she tends to spook at flying paper bags, and sometimes little critters in fields:D But I thought, 'blow it, go for it and I did.' Started off in the sand-pit;) Did some warming up circles then said to DH, 'open that gate' and off we went. Didn't go far, just around the local lanes, stopping so she could munch along the way as the horses are only out on alternate days and I know how much she likes her grass:D

DH sat in the car reading his paper, passed him a couple of times and yes, she did spook once, nothing major but some snorting and side-stepping. Stopped to talk to some people on the yard, then coming back up the side road, thought 'hmmm let's get her into a nice working trot.' She was perfect, working from her back end, lovely and light in the front, then just squeezed on and she went into the most beautiful extended trot:D:D It was magical, I could feel her really extending her forelegs and covering so much ground, I could have ridden like that for hours:D

Another milestone accomplished, out on my own. Oh and I managed to back her up into a pit-stop along the way, whilst the tractor came down:eek: My worst nightmare, as it's opposite the Llama's field and she is so spooked by those animals. But out came the polos and we did some neck stretching whilst waiting for it to pass. Then off we went home.

I feel so good today, positive and good - thanks for letting me share something good:D

Thanks everyone - this has been a big thing for me as my confidence has not been great returning after such a long break from riding. I used to do so much, XC, jump but nowadays a good steady hack or light dressage suits me fine!

I have been using EFT (emotional freedom therapy) that juliep submitted in a posting. It seems to be working for me so shall continue to use it. We all have to some extent, psychological barriers to break down and if one strategy works, then I say USE IT!

We will all make some progress and then conversely, take some steps backwards, but it's all good fun learning together and having the support of each other. :0)))

Sounds like you had a lovely hack - I am quite envious of your bravery and your good horsey!!! Mine hates the wind - but alas so do I and so not a good combo - good for you tho - and what a good idea having the polos ready!!

Sounds like you had a lovely hack - I am quite envious of your bravery and your good horsey!!! Mine hates the wind - but alas so do I and so not a good combo - good for you tho - and what a good idea having the polos ready!!

This was, Trewsers, a spur of the moment thing...didn't contemplate it otherwise I would have literally bottled out. My girlie hates things that blow about so I was literally wetting myself thinking about plastic bags etc! I did sing to her going down the lane, my own rendition of The Hills are Alive, albeit very badly and much too loudly:D and with extra words, cos I forget what they are!

I nearly got off her coming home when I saw the tractor, because she will not stand still as it spooks her. I had visions of her bolting out of the pit-stop and running infront of the tractor, but the old Polos won through.

I always carry something in my pocket 'cos if she starts to act out, there's nothing like the rattle of sweet paper to stop her in her tracks!

newrider.com