I am a wreck again..loose droppings

kat1

Jul 15, 2007
Lancashire
I have poo picked the field and noticed some droppings that are alot softer than the others (I have my cob, sec A and 2 shetlands on the field) I have identified the softer droppings as coming from my cob as her tail is ever so slightly sticky. They are not cow pat like, just way softer than usual and lacking form in some parts..it is solid enough to pick up from field...it is very high in moisture.

It only sems to be cob that is affected, we have had more rain of late .. could it be grass coming through?

She was like this a few weeks ago but I put her in another field for a few days as we were going to a show and she returned to normal off the longer grass.

Our grass in my field is quite green in part but at far end is much longer more like hay .. anyone??
:hot: I am losing sleep!

I suspect that following the recent rains there has been a little spurt of growth in the grass and this in turn has made her stools a bit softer. If its not diarrhoea I shouldnt worry. Ours are exactly the same afew days after some rain.

I agree with Anna. The grass has been soaking, and sometimes it seems to go straight through them.

Don't fret, I'm sure she'll be back to normal soon.

our cob mare gets like this after rain or lush grass growth - usually we leave her a few days to see if she settles, if not then we put her into a sparser field and ad lib some old hay for a few days, usually sorts it.

newrider.com