I am a BAD owner!

Lot1983

Oct 16, 2006
The Cotswolds
For the first time in three years I turned up at the yard today and found my horse...

SHIVVERING:cold::cold::cold:

He'd been out in a lightweight rug and it was soaked although most of him was dry, I've popped him in a m/w with a neck, I've never in all my years of having him seen him that cold before!

Moving fields this afternoon to one with more shelter and more grass so the boys should fare much better in there! :D

Bless him!

Bella has been out naked all winter and I have seen so much of a quiver out of her, but she's been shivering a bit over the last few weeks. They have plenty of grub out there and she comes in every evening so has plenty of time to dry off and warm back up again.

I've had to rug Puz up (having been also been naked for most of Winter) as she was feeling the cold....didn't have the heart to tell her that she's getting on a bit!

.....actually I'm sure it's because the Spring field doesn't have as much good natural shelter, Puz is in denial that her 20s are just around the corner.

Don`t feel too bad Lots, lol ... i think most are feeling it tbh !

Like B&P Coby hasn`t been rugged all winter, even in the cold snap ... but he too has been shivering, so i`ve relented this last couple of weeks and put him in his 40g Premier Equine rug .... I`ve stuck a rainsheet on Guinny too ... This rain is just abysmal and shows no sign of stopping :( !!!!

We've gone from those temperatures in their high twenties to this, it's no wonder the horses don't know whether they are coming or going. I can't remember a time when my horses were rugged this late but after a few weeks naked they are rugged up again now.

Tara-Pony was shivering this afternoon :(
I brought her in, rubbed her down, gave her some porridge (equine version) and have left her in tonight. Never seen any of my horses shiver before! I think its the combination of wind and rain plus shedding winter coat.

WHERE IS SPRING?????

My TB always used to shiver in the rain. I used to have to turn him out in a medium weight with neck in the rain or he used to melt, even if it was spring like temperatures!

newrider.com