Deleted

@diplomaticandtactful what's Lindley, and where was it mentioned?

@AJ Yammie can't you afford to keep one given you'd previously been paying costs for all of them? Given the only other hobbies you say you like are high speed I'm surprised horse riding outside of some types of competition was ever for you, but if it's the animal side of it you like how about something with dogs? Agility or obedience work? Sheep work? You'd still have contact with an animal but they're generally cheaper to keep than horses and don't need to be kept at a yard.

Keeping pets can be a real burden if finances are tight, perhaps your parents don’t want get in the same position again with animals they can’t afford basic vet care for.
What types of things do your friends do? Do you have a dam you can go swimming with them or could you volunteer at a rescue centre or on a neighbours farm with animals?

Reactions: carthorse
Well the problem is we live in two places and we’re always jumping between them, i used to volunteer at a riding school but the boss refused to have me covered with workers insurance. There’s a dog boarding kennel at the end of my road and maybe in the holidays I could work for them or the horse tours a few kms away. I’d love to volunteer with birds but I have to be over 18 for all the places near me.

We have a dam but it’s got eels in it 😬 I got bitten by one a few years ago and it took half my toe. we’re river front but there are LOTS of sharks here, stingrays too.
Oo yeah maybe don't swim in there then! 😱

The dog boarding place sounds like it would be worth talking to them, volunteering there could possibly even lead to a paid summer job that would allow you a bit more freedom to do some things you like :)

newrider.com