Hunter Trials!! We only bloomin' did it!!!

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Not only did we do it, but we were the only seniors in the Nervous Novice class so we got a red frilly!!!:p

IMG-20170916-WA0004-600x901.jpg

For me, it wasn't about winning anything, it was feeling brave enough to do it after 35 years of fear. It was about Gracie behaving impeccably and who cares if she ran through the 1st rustic cross pole because she was so busy eyeballing the bigger jumps beside ours that she didn't notice it :rolleyes:

She jumped the remaining 7 jumps beautifully, without hesitation...

IMG-20170916-WA0018-800x533.jpg

Very VERY proud Domaney-Janey today.

IMG-20170916-WA0019-800x533.jpg
Poor Gracie got a hug and was turned out wearing her new grazing muzzle.... She's got FAT!! :eek:

Well, what a fantastic, happy, upbeat post! Massively pleased for you Domaney - Janey, no wonder you are grinning from ear to ear, WELL DONE with big shiny nobs on! :D:D:D

Well done you and wonderful Gracie! She looks fab even if she is a bit portly, and you look fabulous!
Thank you, all. I know I'm portly too...and I have joined a gym recently and adopted a more healthy eating programme at the same time, so G and I will be slimming down together.

Well done you.
It was suggested to me the other week that I have a go at a hunter trial. I was thinking big hunt fences. Then I was informed that you can do a 40 cm course. I had no idea. I actually thought I could do that. So now I need to find one to go to. Maybe I should go watch first.

newrider.com