Hunter Trail Question..?

Sophie..*

Oct 6, 2007
Warks.
Im doing a hunter trail end of this month, and it will probley be one of the only ones i do, so i was thinking do i really need to buy a hat with no peak, i know your surrposed to but the rules dont say so, i just dont wanna spend £40 on a hat i will only use a couple of times :/ Also im guessing you need a medical arm band yes..?

If its an unaffiliated hunter trial which I presume it is, I don't think you need to worry about armband or hat without peak. People ride with both in unaff that I've done, and I don't ride with an armband. If you're worried, ring the contact number and check out any queries you have, they'll be fine with that =].

I ride with a hat without a peak because I then just cover it for hunting or dressage with different coloured velvet covers rather than needing several hats. I compete hunter trials without a cover at all (mainly cos it saves one more thing getting splattered in mud ;) ) and to be honest it can be a pain in the bum - if it's throwing it down with rain and you've no peak, you've hardly a chance in hell in seeing!!

Good luck, as long as you're safe in what you're wearing thats all that will matter =] x

best thing would be to contact the organiser as whoever holding it will have their own rules

a body protector up to the required standard is likely needed.

hat will be checked and tagged, if you don't have the right one you will be turned away.

normally it's a paso15 standard and the astm type that's permitted. if in any doubt ask, it's a long way to go for them to say no.

yes the armband is required. it is also adviced to wear your body protector outside your clothes in the event of a fall.

All hunter trials & hunter pace I have done, hats without peaks(& tabbed), bp's & armbands have been required and checked for!

But worth phoning ahead if you don't want to purchase a skull!

Thanks guys, i already have a body protector, so thats ok! Well yes its unaff. and its at me yard, so will be able to ask thanks guys :)

newrider.com