Hulberts Green Riders, Past and Present

teddypony

Since i know there are a lot of us around, and we kind of hijacked another thread earlier, thought i would start one of our own!
I have ridden at hulberts from 1996 to present, have had a lot of fun and ridden a lot of amazing, and not so amazing (lol) horses. My current favourite being Dino and Skoki, but i learnt to ride on the likes of Dixie (my fav), Candy, Tutti, Emmanuel and Edward and many many more

:)

Skoki used to be a favourite of mine, before he went away with R, and after his return. Apparently he's not the same chap anymore. Dino - I was a "test dummy" when he first arrived.... or rather the day after he arrived and he was a complete loony!! Again, I hear he is now very settled and lovely.

Also had the pleasure of many lessons on Brina, and oliver who were both such a delight.

Rode there around 2002/2003 for a few years, and ocassionally go back for an ad-hoc lesson (think its good to ride different horses now and again). Used to be Friday evening after "Sooty's" lesson.

I had lessons there starting September 2002 and through most of 2003. I went with my husband - neither of us had ever ridden before so started completely from scratch. My favourite was Zara and I always asked for her, OH usually rode Saffron. I also particularly enjoyed riding Big George, he was the one with the big lump on his back leg. I remember that once I'd asked him to canter it would take a couple of circuits of the school to slow him down again :D

Me and Bessy went out on a couple of group pub rides together - they were fun :)

I returned for a couple of months in January of this year, started having weekly private lessons as I thought it would be good to ride something other than my mare but was very quickly disillusioned by the fact that I was never assigned to the same instructor so there was no continuity. Haven't been back since beginning of April ...

Bessy, I rode Dino once (March I think) - he spent the whole time doing enormous spooks in the far corner of the bottom school, then when I got off he mini-reared, pulled away from me and went haring off round the school!!!!! :eek: It was a windy day!

Stuck to Shamou after that :eek:

Does anyone know what happened to George?

I love hulberts !

I learnt to ride at hulberts when i was around the age of 7 , maybe before . I had fun on the ones such as dixy , Zack and the others , and rode at hulberts for a few years , untill Faye arrived ! She had me off so many times so what did we do ? We bought her ! I don't know if anyone knows her but shes changed so much ! Had her almost 4 years now , and I hate to say I'm too tall to ride her now , so shes out on loan atm !
Funnily enough , a loan pony who I had named sunny , ended up at Hulberts a few years after I left .
Alot of my mates are now learning to ride there , and I know its grown in popularity .

Just thought I'd leave a message :)

:)

I did work experience at Hulberts, ummm 10years ago now, lovely place, in same village as my yard is now :)

Tuti was in her prime, and enjoyed everyminute of my steering her around the XC at Ciren Park!
I do remember at that time, a new cob type pony called Abbie arriving?

I'm rubbish with names though, can't remember many of the little ponies apart from Edward & Emanuel.

newrider.com