Hubby does shopping online

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
....and proudly announces his bargain buy of 5kg of rice!

Erm, can't see us ever getting through that lot, especially as I'm not eating rice at the moment.

Bless him, he's supporting me on my diet and trying to take as much of the food buying and prep away from me. Love my hubby.

Has your other half ever tried to help you but got it a bit wrong?

My OH doesn't cook full stop! I did ask him to cook me a meal once, lets just say i won't bother asking again but credit where credit is due, he did try! lol

Yesterday I made a caserole and put it on the oven on slow cook. My husband picked up my 4 year old at 3pm and I asked him to turn the oven up when he got home. He did notice that the caserole had dried out somewhat, but didn't think to put any additional water but turned the oven up anyway. This resulted in some very burnt dinner - which we all ate!

My husband is amazingly supportive and tries to be helpful but I have to tell him to do every little thing. If I ask him to put the clothes in the washing machine, he will do just that but it won't occur to him to turn it on. If he does turn it on, he won't think to put washing powder in it.

He is not a 'new domesticated' man, but he supports me and listens to my constant talk about my horse so that makes up for it.

Lol, my OH does the shopping now (I just follow behind him in Sainsburys!)
It is done with military precision - not an item missed nor an item added. Gosh, he is a bit annoying with it at times...........wish he'd just be spontaneous and put something really radical in the trolley.............(I know he's only doing his best, cos we're a bit hard-up!)

newrider.com