How to Spot a Troll

Frances144

Remember me?
Dec 21, 2011
Shetland, UK
www.myshetland.co.uk
Well, apart from living under bridges and not liking goats.....

How do you spot a troll?

For me, my waters churn. I have learned over the years to listen to my waters. They are usually right.

Also, language for the age of the person. That is a huge give away.

Contradicting themselves in various posts.

Attention seeking

Coming out with some fairly outrageous views.

Photo stealing.

Dodgy situations like is my pony pregnant, she was in a field with a stallion, I don't know. I can't call the vet. She is leaking milk. My parents wont let me. I am 9 years old, 18 years old, or 65 years old today.

So, what do you look for? What makes your waters churn?

Reactions: Trewsers
Yes sometimes it's amazing how articulate a 12 year old can be! Or then again, they could be 90! lol lol
For me it's the wealth of experience that these trolls come with. I think we need troll spray aplenty!!!

Hard to say for me, but I just sense it.

I think when you have been on a forum for donkeys years, you learn to spot if something doesn't add up, doesn't sound right.
And the smell of poop.
And the Half term school holiday triggers.

Reactions: Trewsers
Well, apart from living under bridges and not liking goats.....

How do you spot a troll?

For me, my waters churn. I have learned over the years to listen to my waters. They are usually right.

Also, language for the age of the person. That is a huge give away.

Contradicting themselves in various posts.

Attention seeking

Coming out with some fairly outrageous views.

Photo stealing.

Dodgy situations like is my pony pregnant, she was in a field with a stallion, I don't know. I can't call the vet. She is leaking milk. My parents wont let me. I am 9 years old, 18 years old, or 65 years old today.

So, what do you look for? What makes your waters churn?

Ta da.
So that's why my mare struggled with all our bridges!
It won't be trolls but the pixies and fairies.
Thanks. Solved it.

I smell a troll when I generally can't make sense of the story and have to re-read it several times to understand what is going on. This make me sense that it is made up. Either that or posts which are obviously trying to wind people up by stating something outrageous and picking for an argument. And I am with you on the vocabulary bit. Adults (or older children) pretending to be younger is just so wrong and I am pleased that it quickly gets sniffed out here.

newrider.com