How to change a phone number?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
It's a long shot but does anyone on here know how to change a mobile phone number? I need to change mine and it's a pay as you go, so I don't have a monthly bill and can't seem fo find any contact details to ring anyone! I have been on the ee site but it didn't bring up anything helpful. It's an iphone - fairly old but does the job! I need to be rid of the number as I keep getting telepests!! I don't want them bothering me and I leave it on all night in case my mum needs to contact me. Can anyone offer any advice? How hard is it to change a mobile number? Has anyone had to do this in the past?
Thanks in advance

Just get a new sim card for £1 in tesco or the like and you'll have a new number :) just be sure your contacts are saved to the phone not the sim before you switch :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Just make sure you get the right size sim for your phone. When I brought a new phone last year the phone took a micro sim. I only had a standard SIM. You can cut them down yourself but it has to be exact size or it doesn't work. I rang my service provider and they sent me a new SIM card. It was transferred very easy but that wasn't a new number.
I have also changed service provider keeping my same number again very straight forward. My phone was only out of action for about an hour.
Only problem might be if your phone is locked to a particular provider and your getting a different SIM from another provider. You might have to get the phone unlocked which they may charge for.

Just make sure you get the right size sim for your phone. When I brought a new phone last year the phone took a micro sim. I only had a standard SIM. You can cut them down yourself but it has to be exact size or it doesn't work. I rang my service provider and they sent me a new SIM card. It was transferred very easy but that wasn't a new number.
I have also changed service provider keeping my same number again very straight forward. My phone was only out of action for about an hour.
Only problem might be if your phone is locked to a particular provider and your getting a different SIM from another provider. You might have to get the phone unlocked which they may charge for.

Thanks - I am sort of hoping there might be someone to ask in tesco - just to make sure.

I'd go to a phone shop someone like vodaphone even if your not with them. Just don't tell them that. Tesco staff might be useless to ask. Not unless they have a trained staff member.

I'd go to a phone shop someone like vodaphone even if your not with them. Just don't tell them that. Tesco staff might be useless to ask. Not unless they have a trained staff member.

I think there might be a specific section, I seem to remember having walked past someone dealing with mobiles in our store. We've no phone shop as such up here. I'll get my sim car out of the phone first and check the size.

Just google the model trews. It will be standard or micro or nano sim - but probably the first if it's an older handset.

You can also ring 150 from handset and ask to change it but they may just say to buy a new sim x

Just google the model trews. It will be standard or micro or nano sim - but probably the first if it's an older handset.

You can also ring 150 from handset and ask to change it but they may just say to buy a new sim x

Thanks, I did wonder about ringing them but wondered if I'd get to speak to someone, sometimes it's all automated and I can never pick the right button to press:oops:o_O

The last sim card we got for daughter you pressed out of the card and it was set up so you press out whatever size you needed from the same sim.
We've used Tesco for ease severaltimes, but don't find their coverage is great, but then apparently we live in a bit of a mobile deadspot, so perhaps check with someone local which provider has the best coverage where you are? You can generally order a sim over t'interweb if needs be.

newrider.com