How time flies - Beth just had her first ride off leadrein!

Esther.D

Jan 3, 2003
Shetland!
maenoferren.mysite.freeserve.com
Seems no time at all since Beth was one of the first NR babies :D She starts school this year and on friday had her first ride off the leadrein on Polo, she has been riding on the leadrein for ages, had the odd sit on since she was 1, started 'properly' but intermittantly at 3 and on friday was riding off the leadrein for the first time in the field, which Polo loved, he is a very safe leadrein pony but much prefers to be off the leadrein. She is really getting the hang of it and was guiding him happily round the field on her own, and led him back up and untacked him (I helped with some of the buckles), he does look funny in his new 'jammies' as Beth calls them (and they do look like them) as it is pink with hearts on :eek: the joys of being ridden by a 4 yr old girl!

Last edited:
Time just flies by. I can't believe that my eldest is now 3 years old - he starts school next year. So far I have kept him off a horse, but he is showing such interest that I may give in and take him for some lessons when he is 4!

We need some pics of your little girl riding on her own.

Aww that's sweet, my daughter is going off lead rein on her next lesson, she has been off lead rein on a couple of occasions before but with a leader walking beside her. This time though there will be no leader and she will have to do things herself.

She only started riding 6 months ago so is doing well.

Aah Beth is the same age as Boo. Doesn't time go so fast!! btw you got a twin diamond lead rein/first pony? Can't seem to find one round here thats not either a) expensive or b) quiet but only 3 or 4 lol.

newrider.com