How tall was the tallest horse you have ever ridden???

18.3hh and she was beautiful and I loved her!

Let me explain - she was perfect - anyone could have done anything on her. A true lady. Her owner was 6ft5 and did dressage with her. She was a 12yo Shire x TB - Built like my boy Ace - sturdy but by no means chunky.

My pony was needing shod the day of our RC show and he lent me Ebony - comedy - 5ft2 girl on HUGE horse.

We did the 16hh + chase me charlie, show jumping, jumpcross and XC and won them all - not because she's big and she can jump but cause bless her she'll do what ever you ask of her and do it nicely and politely. She's not great at jumping - too much of her I think but she tries so hard! We also won best rider/horse combination which everyone thought was hilarious!

She was just a dream - despite me looking daft - must find pics!

lol - 16.2 for me and i was terrified (scared of heights)
My RI was gonna put me on a 16.1 for my lesson but i told her that i was scared so she put me on a 14.2hh. Which my dad thinks im not on her long because im nearly 12st (69kg anyway)

18.2 but it was a long time ago :D and I needed a mounting block. These days I would need a crane.

i' m borrowing a horse at the moment because mine is off sick. farmer friend of mine has lent me an 18.2 heavy built warmblood cross - he is MASSIVE! i plucked up the courage and cantered him AND JUMPED him the other day, it was great fun!!!! everybody comments on his size when i ride him around the village. trying my hardest not to fall off cos it's a long way down! funniest bit is trying to get on him.... his owner can spring off the floor onto him ( wow, i was impressed!) his name is prince and he certainly is a prince amongst men:D

Rode my friends 18hh ex hunter horse a few times, and when I used to work at a stables a few years ago I used to ride this 18.2hh beast bareback to the field (20 min ride) he was lovely.

17.2hh - i used to hop on from the floor :D

the mare was totally mental though and 17.2hh feels a lot bigger when you're fly-bucking very fast round and round the school...:eek: that poor horse was never cantered (well not deliberately anyway), jumped or hacked because we were all way too terrified of her :eek:

newrider.com