How tall are you? and how big are the horses you ride?

Hi

hi I'm 5ft 2" and ride a 15.2hh welsh cob gelding but I broke in a 12.2hh dartmoor for my friends kid and I'm currently helping to break a 11.2hh welsh a/b for a friend.

Ponies are murder to break!! My last horse was easier!!!

Nikki and Kia

I'm 5'6 and my owner is 14.2 ;) but I'll get on anything, any height, at least once. How much I'd do once I was up there/down there, would depend on how the individual animal carried me.

I'm 5'1" and when I was riding at a riding school I rode horses ranging from 13.2hh to 17.2hh. I felt the most comfortable on the 13.2hh pony.

I'm almost 5'3", and ride anything from 13.2hh to 16.2hh. The ones at the smaller end of that scale are generally cobby type ponies (good and strong :) ). I prefer riding horses/cob-types of about 15.2hh. 16.2hh feels a bit giddy heights, and 14hh makes me feel like a big fat mamma!

I'm 5 feet tall (or should that be 5 feet short?) and thing (about 110 lbs). I've ridden a couple that were 16hh, one that's 14.2hh and one that's 14.3hh. The only difference I found in riding all of them was getting on. I've been told I look best on the 14.3hh though. :)

Last edited:
i'm 5ft 8in - i don't really like riding the wee ones so most of the guys/girlies i ride are 16.1hh+ but riding a 15hh at the moment

i'm just over 5'7" and my two arabs are 14.2hh. I feel a little big on them height wise but never mind, i don't like riding anything smaller than a 14.2 but ride horses any bigger really, mainly 16hh and 17hh.

Hi there Lulu. Great thread. Everyone is answering your question, but there must be a reason for you asking it??

newrider.com