How often does everyone ride?

I ride when I want to, and that is all! That probably makes me a horrendous owner, but I got fed up a long time ago with feeling pressured to ride X or Y number of times a week. I work shifts which doesn't help, and I have a life outside of horses.. god forbid!:eek: ;)

Dolly is out 24/7 so doesn't get bored in a stable, and I ride when I can and when I'm in the mood- this last three days I've ridden every day, last week I only rode once, and there are times when I don't ride for a week or ten days at all.

Having said that one of the other girls at the yard usually takes Dolly out at least once a week, so she isn't without exercise, and I am always very careful about how much I ask of her if she's had some time off.

Depends! Sometimes I ride once a week, just my lesson, others I ride 5 or 6 times a week. It depends on so many things, whether the ponies need exercising, whether the ponies are playing up, how many people there are in group lessons, whether I've got a competition, how much money my mum has, etc. :D. Don't think I even have an average!

In the winter I can only get out once a week:mad: because its to dark to ride after school. In the summer it varies but it's normally 4 or 5 times a week.

As often as I can. I have two lessons a week at school, Being on the riding team i have practice once a week and then usually a show once or week (that sometimes skips a week though) Now that Tahoe is here I am riding him (well before his abscess) 6 days a week.

Any time I can pick up a ride, i do:D

I ride 5-6 days a week. When work gets really hectic it's five, otherwise six. We school in the evenings during the week, then hack/school at weekends depending on her legs and if they're locking or not. I can't leave Mysti without being worked for more than a day at a time as they lock much worse if I don't school her and do her 'physio' exercises. Sunny could just be left but would hate it. My OH rides her 5 days a week, and at the moment I ride her for about 10 mins on those days too.

twice a week, if i'm lucky. With no school and working long hours, my riding is limited to weekends only until the days start getting longer :rolleyes:

i rode 3 times on saturday and 3 times on sunday this weekend just gone,
(not the same horse :eek: )
i had to go to bed at 8 o clock last night i was that shattered :D :eek:

There is a certain amount of pressure from others to ride 5 or 6 times a week every week but I keep the horse as a pleasure not as a duty! - i try and do this as well and also the same as hairycob so im a horrendous horse owner too ;) but....i love it so drummer gets lots of pleasure

free school once a week
pessoa twice a week
hack twice a week
lesson once a week
school 2-3 times a week - er thats a 10 day week :eek: (obviously ride twice at weekends sometimes depending what he's already done) ....and he gets 1 or 2 days off as well - work that maths out lol :)

but...drums is out 24/7 so i dont have to ride if i dont want to and he is the same horse as someone else mentioned, eg he was ill in the summer and was off work for 3 weeks and i could get straight on and ride when he was better and he acted no differently

At the moment I'm riding about 3 times a week due to Uni work and the nights drawing in. Roughly at least one hack, one lesson and one schooling.

I am getting a sharer in the new year though so she will then be ridden about 5-6 times a week.

During the summer I rode almost every day but at least every other day.

As the evenings get lighter I will be able to ride more often.

I'm not a morning person so you won't see me getting up at 5am to ride before Uni :D

Due to dark nights, just at weekends at the moment. So ride Twister twice a week and have a lesson once a week or fortnight (school horse)

Sometimes though I don't feel like riding even at the weekend and must confess just want to groom and cuddle! :)

I ride when I feel like it. I dont have any specific set aside time or forward planning. At the moment (as I dont get home from work until it's dark) I ride just at the weekends. Even then, I dont always ride but I always go the yard to see him and to play around with him! YO (and YO's daughter) look after him in the week. I'll be able to ride more often when the bright evenings return. If that bothers anyone, I'm sorry but at the moment, he's just an expensive pet! How can you feel pressurised to ride? I thought everyone had a choice whether to or not.

At the moment not much :eek: scooby gets 20 mins walk work untill next scan and fingers crossed he'll come bk into fittening work!
And dennis has just had some time off... so ill just start lunging him soon.

Generally mine get ridden everyday 30-45mins of schooling ....... 30-1hr hacking only do about 20 mins jumping unless having an hr jumping lesson or worked for 20 min on lunge in pessoa. Mine tend to work everyday ...... they do have days or a chunk of time off ........ but not nesserarly every week.

Never really have a set plan unless on fittening work or fittening for eventing.

Used to ride every day - but since moving house, not very often! Have been too tired!!! When I get settled I plan to ride daily again, before work. My naughty little mare needs a lot of work to keep her paying attention!!! She is very much a "riders" horse and doesn't "do" being on holiday......!!!

newrider.com