how much weight???

poo-picker

Mar 18, 2008
ive posted this here because...well im an adult and i want to start riding my pony. the problem is im 5ft 3" and 11st!!!!!:eek:
but im on a desperate diet to get down to an acceptable weight for sisco to carry. so could i please have your opinions as to what weight you would feel comfortable riding him at... this includes him jumping 3ft+ fences as its what he lives for!!!! he is 13.2hh and 12yrs old. thanks.
032-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

He looks like a native and will carry a fair bit of weight. He could carry you now but jumping 3 foot is a bit of an ask. Every horse is difrent but if you go by what he is telling you hopefully you will take things at the right pace.
My 19 year 16hh TB mare is rather unfit and at 10 1/2 stone she found me a bit heavy for her when I rode her out for longer than a wlak roundthe block. My 17hh warmblood does not even notice I am his back
Thay are or diffrent so there is no perfect weight

I would have said you're ok as you are, but prob not for jumping 3ft, maybe 10st 7 would be best for jumping or lower but I would have said 9st 7 would be perfect.

BTW I'm a bit shorter then you and weigh nearly the same as you...I also like ponies and still trying to shed a few pounds:)

BTW I'm a bit shorter then you and weigh nearly the same as you...I also like ponies and still trying to shed a few pounds:)

i havent had a pony sisco's size since i was 13 as i went straight up to about 16hh and the others i have got now are all youngsters ranging from 15.3-17hh. i had forgotten how much more fun ponies are. im definately a pony convert!!!!!:D

newrider.com