How much weight can...

Mine has carried just over 14 stone...

I'm currently 13 stone and my dales mare carries me with ease. Dales are perhaps the best breed out there :D C2B will definately agree with me :D

Dales were bred to carry huge weights of lead over long distances. Mine has carried 15stone with ease. She is 14.1 and 14 yrs old.

Dales ponies became renowned for their great strength, iron constitution, endurance, and the ability to get over rough country fast. A pack load was 240lbs, or two pigs of lead per pony (two hundredweight) and the ponies travelled up to a hundred miles a week over some of the most difficult terrain in England.
From the dales society website.

This Dales isn't called Velvet by any chance is it?

Chickflick anyone would think I was biased towards Dales ponies. Don't know where you get that idea from haha :D

No black.
So come on spill the beans. Tell us all about this Dales....oh ok tell me I am the nosy one.

No black.
So come on spill the beans. Tell us all about this Dales....oh ok tell me I am the nosy one.

Ok.. I knew someone would ask! :p ;) :)

Well she is a 20yr old 14.1hh grey Dales Moorland that I have just ahd an email about to loan, she sounds lovely and I emailed back eagerly and am still anticipating a reply ( Lol, it has only been 20 mins since i sent it but hey ho you never know! :p ;) :D :eek: :rolleyes:)

I will update you when I recive a reply!

:D

She sounds lovely. I will keep my fingers x'd for you. There are quite a few Dales in Derbyshire. I went to the Dales and Fell show in Bakewell last month. So many lovely ponies to drool over. It was like being in heaven :D.

Another Dales lover here!:)

My boy Bracken is 14yrs old, 14.1hh and carried me when I was at top weight of 15st without so much as a blink.

I used to ride a 30 yr old Dales out hacking a couple of times a week and he could shift when he wanted to!

If I had my own land I'd have a Dales livery, yummy yummy (I'll just dream on.)

newrider.com