How much pig oil?

Midnight Rose

May 9, 2008
Woking, Surrey
www.midnightrats.com
I'm sure you've had a million and one questions about this but I couldn't find any!

Here is a photo of Sammy's legs and my size 6 feet for scale. How much pig oil do you think I will need for one application? His feathers are quite long.

AlisonPhone007.jpg

I actually need 3 litres to get round Lucy's four legs comfortably, but she has a lot more feather than Sammy - they start well above the elbow and at the hock and provide a nice bell to the ground ...
standing+large.jpg

In Action! The pig oil really keeps them in tip-top condition!
pro3.jpg

Maybe Sammy's will grow longer when he stops eating them because they itch!

Very likely -- it takes some getting used to - Lucy went from fully clipped out/higged to traditional over the last 12 months so I've been able to deal with hair growth one step at a time!! They also become less susceptible to mud burns when they're sleek with oil ;).

I love that pic of Nelly ...
Such a shame *ducks* ...

I still can't manage with less than 3 litres of the stuff though. I like to be frivolent with my pig oil :p!

I know its such a shame but unfortunately i dont have an option,he's not like your girl that can compete as a traditional,as he is not coloured,
there are no traditional classes round my area at all, so the chop it had to be,it took a long time to decide and was heart renching but he is still a very smart boy all naked.;):D

She was clipped/hogged when I first started riding her! Hard to know if it would suit her now that she's trim and muscled in the right places ... but I prefer the traditonal look anyway!

She's too tall to be a "proper" cob so I don't know why they used to keep her clipped/hogged. Probably couldn't be bothered to groom!

It's her cow-nose that made me fall in love with her :D.

Edited to add: of course last year all the judges said: grow some hair! And this year the judges have been saying: clip it off! NO WAY!

sulphur and pig oil

hi, i have just become a member- due to hearing about sulphur and pig oil, looking it up on the net and finding this website. help please.... where do i find it? i have found 500gms of sulphur powder on ebay. is this what i need? i have no idea where to find pig oil, i have never heard of it before today! any info appreciated.
cheers,carla.

newrider.com