How much is she worth roughly?

MinnieMoo<3

Aug 28, 2010
Cambridgshire
I'm not really sure weather to advertise for the same price as i did when we tried to sell her last year or lower it, so thought i would see what people on here think she is worth roughly, i know its a hard question and im not expecting it to be a huge amount but just roughly will be fine

Annie is 16.1 hh, about 14 years old, TB X (X with something a bit stockier). Perfect horse on the ground, never done anything nasty on the ground, hasnt ever bit anyone or kicked anyone, may jump about, doing funny little bucks if she is the last one out and we are standing chatting on the yard , but stops as soon as we start walking towords her :rolleyes:, leads in from the field holding just the end of the rope and then the middle so its not on the floor, will stand perfectly still being untacked not even realising she isnt tyed up, she went on trial to a lady for a few days last year and she had kids brushing her and waking under her belly :)redcarded: to them but apparently she was perfect) - lady didn't have her as she didnt think she had a good enough walk for dressage, she doesnt walk as stiffly anymore, been on codlivine for 6 months and had massage lady out.

however, she needs work in the schooling area! has been much better since we went bitless, she evades anything stronger than a snaffle and a snaffle isnt strong enough, but with schooling this may change i cant really say. (last year when we were trying to sell her all but 1 person got run of with :redface: the one lady she didnt do this with had her on the trial

she would ideally suit a hacking home and could with the work do ok at some low level dressage

so yeah, how much would you say roughly she could sell for? (she would go with her tack but im going to ask saddler who re-fitted it the other week how much he would say thats worth on top as it is a very nice saddle so just how much for her)

Thank you's in advance

How is she in traffic, does she hack out alone ? In addition has she jumped ?

she is 99% perfect in traffic, double decker busses get her on her toes a bit but as soon as it passes she is fine, (it doesnt help bus drivers round here dont seem to think ill stop here where the road is wider, ill go past them on the narrowest bit with a ditch on one side! :giggle:) but she is fine with motorbikes and cars dont phase her at all, we mostly hack out in company but have hacked out alone and she is no different than when in company, will hack first or last (we normally go behind though so we dont end up far in front on my friend on her 13.2 pony)

ive never really jumped her, she CAN jump (jumped the post and rail before when runnign round with her mates in the field and ran out of room, she then just stopped and ate the grass in that field :giggle: but before when i have just walked her over a pole she ended up trotting so i reckon it would need a bit of work, but i dont think she could jump huge though

I wouldn't have thought she'd be worth any more than £1000 given her history of "running off" with people. In fact I'd be highly dubious about selling a horse that does this as a riding horse at all due to the risk of the new seller having an injury and would probably offer her on loan as a companion instead. Have you had her teeth checked to see whether they're the cause of this?

She sounds like she'd be a really nice mare if it weren't for this quirk and if she definitely has to be sold, I'd be inclined to work really hard over the next few weeks on getting her working properly without the running off then get her out to a few shows/fun rides and advertise her in the spring.

If you do decide to advertise her now, I think Project Horses would be the ideal site. Good luck! :)

I don't know without seeing your horse but to put current prices in context I have bought this year a 14yo 16.1 saint on legs, not especially pretty but works correctly and has no health or behavioral issues for £300 including rugs and a 15.2 15yo who SJ to 1.05 and dressages to Elementary but is difficult to hack out ( gets overexcited and plunges around a lot) for £600 including a full wardrobe and tack.

Horses with issues are sadly not worth very much when there are a lot of good horses needing new homes.

newrider.com