How much does your vet charge for callout fee????

kirby

in the title really

How much does your vet charge just for the callout fee?

im having the vet out tonight to look at Porshas Eye,as it is a bit swollen and runny, and she seems under the weather, may be with moving her, but better safe than sorry!!! the callout fee alone is £57 :eek: first time im having him out :eek:

mine is £47.25 and thats standard call out not a clue what emergency is out of hours is but i think thats bad enough on its own :)

£7.50 on Thursdays

apx £35 on any other day (working hours)

----- these prices are the same regardless of whether you book in advances or call screaming in panic that you need a vet NOW!

apx £60 emergency hours

£40 for the call out, not sure if that's for an emergency as I can only find an emergency bill..., everything including vets attention is on top, but I wouldn't have anyone else.

Last edited:
£28 call out, then £25 for a `consultation`(ie to try and find out the problem - this sometimes annoys me as i resent having to pay £25 to be told that he is(for example)`lame in the near fore` - which i already knew!!
Unfortunately we all love our neddies, so despite me moaning i would pay whatevever was required:)

Depends on the time, but around £35 for a standard callout. Luckily, for routine stuff, the yad is large enough such that a few of us usually get together and share the fee.

Is 5.30pm classed as out of hours?:confused: i booked my vet last night, in advance just incase it was still sore this morning, and as it is i have kept the appointment, do you think i may of miss heard him? as everyone elses callout fee seems alot lower, and im based in south yorkshire so its not like i live in London!

At my clinic, working hours are 08.30 - 16.30

Everything else is out of hours. Maybe give them another ring and ask about different levels of callout fees? Do they have far to come to get to you? My clinic divides clients into Zones - we're an hour drive, hence the high callout, but absolutely worth it as excellent clinic!

About 20 for a shared visit. My saddler informed me that she is now charging 50.00 call out as the price of diesel has gone up!:eek:

I am about 47ish for standard call out and 75-80 for emergency, and they have prob. gone up since the winter due to fuel price increase. It def isn't cheap :eek:

£30 normal call out
£70 emergency call out
What I find silly though is when I had my horse 2 minutes down the road the call out fee was the same for where I am now which is a good 20 minutes away.
Surely if you are literally down the road the call out would be cheaper? :confused::rolleyes:
I usually try and share a call out though if its not an emergency as it works out cheaper ;)

depending on the vet
moor house - mon and tues £20 wed-sun £40
chuchfields - £30

we then have to pay for them to even lok at the bloody horse
when i had the vet out last time i knew what it was so they didnt charge me for examinaiton
xx

I pay £25 as its in between 5-15 miles from the surgery emergency callout is £45.00 BUT on fridays as they do different areas on different days you dont have to pay a call out fee (i've told walter he can only be poorly on that certain day lol):D

newrider.com