How many times?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
:cool:
Did you look at where you live now before committing to buying / renting? I am being a complete nosey gonk and wish to know because my "neutral" neighbour whose house has been up for sale for 12 months plus has had some viewers. They are on their second visit. Does this mean anything?! I was hoping we would sell before him tbh. I can't be bothered with new neighbours at this stage! Hahahaa, I'm not anti-social honest! But I've just about run my course with this place and want out.
Anyways, what do you guys think? Does it indeed mean anything? I know what my thoughts are but I'm curious for your opinions. Thanks.

Reactions: Mary Poppins
We only went back for second viewings where we were genuinely interested but had further questions or things we were unsure about.

That said the second viewing on our house was almost for the sake of it - I think I wanted to view it again because I couldn't believe it was real!! We put an offer in after second viewing and went back for a third viewing a few weeks later to measure up etc. In total, we viewed the house Saturday, had a day trip to area on Sunday, went back and walked the dog locally Monday, second viewing Tuesday night, offer Wednesday and then viewed a few weeks later and went out for a meal etc in the area.

We only went back for second viewings where we were genuinely interested but had further questions or things we were unsure about.

That said the second viewing on our house was almost for the sake of it - I think I wanted to view it again because I couldn't believe it was real!! We put an offer in after second viewing and went back for a third viewing a few weeks later to measure up etc. In total, we viewed the house Saturday, had a day trip to area on Sunday, went back and walked the dog locally Monday, second viewing Tuesday night, offer Wednesday and then viewed a few weeks later and went out for a meal etc in the area.

Oohher! I could have new people then?!!! Last time OH and I were in the market for a new place we looked twice but were very undecided at that point. Hmmm.

We viewed this place twice, but put an offer in after the first viewing. Usually second viewings can mean they are interested in buying, other times they have nothing better to do at weekends than look at other peoples houses.

We viewed this place twice, but put an offer in after the first viewing. Usually second viewings can mean they are interested in buying, other times they have nothing better to do at weekends than look at other peoples houses.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I suspected these were carpet treaders but they've turned up during the week too. Dash it all - if he sells before us! Hahahaaaa.

Reactions: No_Angel
As far as I can remember I think we only had one viewing of our house. We had been looking at houses and one day I was out on a group hack when one of the riders said as a joke was I interested in buying their house - she didn't know we were looking. We had a check list of what we wanted and when we went to view we ticked most of the boxes on the list. We made an offer which was accepted and 40 years later we are still in the same house. Because the Vendors had almost completed the purchase of their new house the gave us the keys to the one we were buying and as soon as they had moved out we could come and go as we wanted to get it ready for us before our purchase was completed..

Reactions: Trewsers
The place I live in now I knew as soon as I drove down the drive 29 years ago was to be my long term home, I had second viewing to show husband and negotiate sales terms with vendor, however we had looked at a few other places on two or three occasions and not proceeded for various reasons ( even got surveys on two of them!) My previous properties I bought were also on first viewing, just because they felt right. I have also been know to drive up to a viewing and say 'sorry I won't waste your time your house looks lovely but not for me'

I don't think you can read anything into second viewings!

Never brought a house so I cant say. Guess if you were going to rent a flat would you go back for a second look if you were really interested. Maybe if you were torn between to houses. However my car is on its way to the scrap man in the next couple of week. As its too old to pay out to put right. So today we have been out car hunting for me. But as im committing all my savings to it, I think I will go back for a second look/test drive and perhaps take someone else for a second opinion/look under the bonnet. A car isnt the same a house though.

I never went back for a 2nd veiwing if I wasnt seriously interested, but as eml suggests there can still be a lot to go wrong at that point.

Hahahaa, my curiosity has been salved. Oddly enough, neutral neighbour came over to pour some oil on my fire pile. He's not had an offer (yet).

Reactions: Jessey
I did all the first viewings and bought my husband along for the very few houses I thought were worth a second look. I knew at the first viewing that I wanted to buy this house though.

Oddly enough of the ones that failed at survey stage one my husband loved and I was a bit indifferent to, the other I loved and he sort of went along with..somehow you just know what is right and perhaps are happy to overlook its shortcomings. The house I live in now I would never have set out to buy... surveyors report correctly described it as very large 60s box of no architectural merit but idyllically situated!! I wanted georgian/victorian farmhouseand had to buy an uninhabitable one of those in the deal as well to get our land but that is another story!!

I don't know about re sale properties but usually if folk come back for a second look they are interested, doesn't always mean they will offer as they may just be shortlisting and want to be certain, for what it's worth it might be good for you if your neighbour sells quickly, no direct competition for you then :) I love your home and if I could afford it and work from home I would be on my way to view today :)

Oh forgot to answer your original question, first house I bought I viewed twice, second - the old cottage I hadn't even got to the front door and I knew I had to have it, moved heaven and earth to get the little place too (long story) sometimes you just get a feel for a place.

I don't know about re sale properties but usually if folk come back for a second look they are interested, doesn't always mean they will offer as they may just be shortlisting and want to be certain, for what it's worth it might be good for you if your neighbour sells quickly, no direct competition for you then :) I love your home and if I could afford it and work from home I would be on my way to view today :)

OH thinks its a good thing if he sells first - as you say, no direct competition. Plus a fresh start for everyone. I know when we came here it was a little daunting at first as both sides had lived here for six or seven years, our home was empty due to prev occupant dying - and well, it felt like we were interlopers really. Took me ages to feel settled and not like an outsider. So I guess the new folk who buy ours won't feel as out on a limb if next door are also new.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com