How long does it take you to plait a mane?

Hmm depends if I am trying to get it perfect. I play about with plaiting my horse all the time but usualy her tail which take 0 - 10 mins. I am a super plaiter haha x

Forest mane takes me about 20 minutes. Mainly because he fidgets and always manages to get one undone after I've finished ;)

As his mane is short, I do normal plaits and then roll up. Its usually the rolling uo that takes a while as I can never get them neat :)

Forest mane takes me about 20 minutes. Mainly because he fidgets and always manages to get one undone after I've finished ;)

As his mane is short, I do normal plaits and then roll up. Its usually the rolling uo that takes a while as I can never get them neat :)

20 mins! and he fidgets! Wow!

Belle will hardly let me brush anything near the poll / ears so I can't see me ever managing - you'll have to give me lessons.:)

I was thinking it would take about an hour (like Tally:))

20 mins! and he fidgets! Wow!

Belle will hardly let me brush anything near the poll / ears so I can't see me ever managing - you'll have to give me lessons.:)

I was thinking it would take about an hour (like Tally:))

Once you get it, its easy.
I bunge up into sections of mane, then plait each one down, then roll each one up. The rolling up takes the longest though.

But I'll happily give you lessons. :)

I once 'lattice plaited' Dora's mane for a charity event using rainbow coloured bands. Her mane was over 2 feet long, and it took me....

OVER 4 HOURS!!!!:eek: I did some one day, then a storm came, so I finished it the next. I used hundreds of little coloured bands! She looked like she was wearing a multi-coloured shawl when I'd finished. :)

Sadly no photos....:( Before 'digital camera' time! ;)

I once 'lattice plaited' Dora's mane for a charity event using rainbow coloured bands. Her mane was over 2 feet long, and it took me....

OVER 4 HOURS!!!!:eek: I did some one day, then a storm came, so I finished it the next. I used hundreds of little coloured bands! She looked like she was wearing a multi-coloured shawl when I'd finished. :)

What a shame - no photos. Sounds spectacular.

I want to plait Belle to show off her new tack:D

About 20 mins with bands, bit longer for tape and even longer if you don't have a helper to hold various things.. like scissors, bags of bands, combs and tape etc!

^ ha yes, i try and hold everytihng inbetween my knees and always end up dropping it all!

about 30 minutes if his mane is neat and pulled, i'm awful at plaiting though!

i think in the case that there are no photos you must recreate this for us :p

i would love to see what it would look like.

newrider.com