How long are your legs?

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I'm pretty short, 5'4", when I buy jods I find the top half fit okay but to get the knee patch in the right place I have to roll up about 3-4" of the bottoms on standard length jods and I noticed looking at a pic from our big ride the I look pretty disproportionate...... long torso and short legs :rolleyes:

Random thoughts of a bored at work person...... so how long are your lower legs? (middle of knee to knobbly bone on ankle) total leg length? and what height are you?

No idea on exact measurement but I'm a weedy 5ft 2inches (if I stand up tall!). I have lots of jodhs and some fit better than others and I know what you mean about the knee patches! What I have bother with is having to cut oodles of length off. I don't really like having to do it, seems a shame on something new! My sewing is non-existent atm due to still having trouble with my left hand (I am a leftie) and the accident I had sewing jodhs where my finger ended up septic!
I find Harry Hall ones a great fit round the bum and waist but waaaaay too long, so they get butchered! Sherwood are similar, only trouble is, I hacked off too much on one pair and they look really weird without long boots! I laugh everytime I wear them!!!

I'm 5'6 and a very important half an inch. I usually just cut the cuff off the bottom of a pair of joddies and don't hem them - not had a pair fray yet.... must be the elastic in them. I am a standard 31" .... regular.... leg for jeans although sometimes I'll buy "long" so that I can wear them with heels... (aka "the only option is long ones in the charity shop" ;) )

I have the problem with things being half mast, My inside leg is 34" Im quite tall lol

16" and I am 5.5
No issues with jods, just bought Sheldon, whoever they are! Prefer breeches.
My problem are chaps/gaiters.

16" and I am 5.5
No issues with jods, just bought Sheldon, whoever they are! Prefer breeches.
My problem are chaps/gaiters.

I used to struggle getting half chaps that weren't too long for me. I have a bit of a problem with long boots, but luckily MH, Ariat and Sherwood all come up trumps doing a shorter length.

I'm 5 foot 2 159 cm and my legs are 30" in most measurements - quite long for my height but I am small. I buy breeches and wear them as jodhpurs!

Reactions: Jessey
roughly 5' 4" - although my family dispute that I am that tall.....but my inside leg is 28" so always have to hack stuff of the majority of jods and trousers. Very annoying.:(

I wonder why they dont make jods in short and tall as it seems a lot of us struggle [emoji4]

Robinsons Requisite brand do a short length. But, over the past five years the quality and fit have deteriorated a bit. For example, I bought a pair of theirs when I first started having lessons again about ten years ago. They are still going strong if a little faded. The new Requisite ones I bought about two years ago more or less went like a bees wing after a few washes.

bought about two years ago more or less went like a bees wing after a few washes.
I wash mine so much it probably wouldn't be worth it then. I brought some of theirs a few years ago, white ones for competing and the quality isn't bad but they have only been worn about 3 times!

I have just bought a cheapo pair that are comfortable, not ridden in yet.
Love my endurance pair although sadly faded already.
Outgrown my lovely HH denim but got Shires western lovely as dont need gaiters

My legs are longer in proportion than my body. So although I am not super tall, I have to have longer trousers.

When I saw the picture in question what ran through my head was I look like a midget (sorry not sure what the PC term is now) long body and short legs!

Here is the offending picture, jess and I are on the left... It doesn't help I need to loose a few lbs :rolleyes:
image.jpg

newrider.com