How life is treating me and Pumpkin

MadMumInKent

Feb 27, 2005
Kent
Well, its great really! :D

I'm mid-NVQ, and loving it, learning loads, currently doing feed, which is an inexhaustable subject! Am going to do the riding unit last to give me time to practise. I'm doing level 2, but am wondering whether I should then do level 3 before entering the big wide world of DIY livery.

Anyway, Pumpkin is doing brill. His weight is spot on now, so we've levelled his feed off and he's now maintaining well. He's got a lovely gloss to him, and is happy as larry. He'll be even happier come mid-May when he'll be on 24 hr turnout! Some of the grazing is already cordoned off, ready for any horses that start to get podgy etc.

As for the riding, well, he still gets bored by schooling, but I really need to do some every now and then, so I make it as interesting as I can - we do poles, we've now jumped 21 inches :eek: (He's really funny, he trots up to it, pauses, and then heaves himself over) :D We do it with absolutely no grace or style, but we don't care, its fun and its something different. I still don't canter on him, I find it really really hard to get him into canter, his trot is so bouncy, and then it gets rushed, and we end up all over the place. But, the YO has said as long as it's dry we can use one of the fields to ride in occasionally, so I'm going to try and do it there, where there's no pressure of corners or tight confines of the school. I think it will come naturally where there's a bit more space.

I took him out for a hack the other day, (in company - we still don't hack solo) and it was the first one for about 3 weeks, and he was steady as a rock.

Anyway, his lordship says hello to you all... He's breathing a sigh of relief, cos mum is stuck indoors while the men are putting a new boiler in, so that means she can't get up the yard and make him do more silly jumping ;)

pumpkin.jpg

So pleased to hear you guys are doing so well.
He really is a sweetie isn’t he?
I was wondering how you were getting on cos its always good to read your posts (though I have been a bit sporadic with my access lately – i.e./ I can’t get on line so easily at work!!! ;) )

And you are both jumping?!?!? Wow! And yes, who cares about the style, you are enjoying yourselves. I bet the pair of you will be plying round that field too before too long! :D

i do think pumpy has one of the nicest kindest horse faces i have ever seen, with that little worried eye and the long mane, he just looks totally sweet

glad you are having fun with him, he is a star. i suppose getting all four feet of the ground is a bit much to expect really!

Lovely update MMIK :D

Love the picture of Pumpkin too, he's so lovely and huggly looking (I'm sure he'd hate anybody to think that though :cool: )

It sounds like you've got him going nicely, I recall a vid shortly after you bought him with him trotting out off road and having a little 'trip' (was it you?) I really enjoyed that because I thought how big, happy and lovely he looked trotting along then :D :D :D made me want to go out and buy a cob... the rest is history :D

Yeay! Where've you BEEN????

Glad it's all going so well with Pumpkin-boy! He has the MOST kissable nose!!! :D

awwwwww! You have such a gorgeous boy! I haven't seen him before (im new here!) but he looks a real sweetie! Hope you both carry on having lots of fun! :)

Well, about b..... time MMIK.:D Great to hear a lovely update from you.:D Was beginning to wonder if something awful had happened. It's great to hear the silence is because its going so well.:D ;)

Pumpkin looks lovely BTW.:D

Nice to hear how things are going :) He is sooooo gorgeous! Don't vanish for so long next time ;) :D

I don't think I've seen a pic of Pumpkin before... he is absolutely stunningly gorgeous and terribly snoggable, isn't he?!

Glad to hear things are going so well, more regular updates are needed though I think!

Oh, and any chance of some more pictures for us to drool over?!:D

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone :) Imp - yes that video was us. Funnily enough he doesn't trip anymore, think he's either more awake, or just feeling better in himself, not sure why, but whatever, its a good thing :)

I'll try to post more. I always keep up to date with reading, but don't seem to have time to post. Not sure why, its not like I have anything to do.... horse... dogs.... kids.... NVQ.... housework.... websites.... paperwork.... Blimey I'm off for a nervous breakdown :eek: :D ;)

Lovely to hear from you again, especially as all is going so well (touch wood on your behalf ....) and the best time of the year coming up too! Pumpkin is just looking so gorgeous - you can tell he is leading the good life!!

Nice to hear from you! I too was wondering what you were up to. Sounds like you're having fun with pumpkin!!! :D You sound like you're both doing really well.

newrider.com