How far would you be willing to travel?

TheWorldOver!

Oct 30, 2007
How far would you be willing to travel to get to your RS or boarding stables to ride your school or leased horse? My school is only a 15-20 minute ride from home but they don't have any horses currently for lease. The closest places in my town don't have horses available, except a couple of ponies. A few schools further away from my house do have them but they are a good 40-45 minute ride there. I am wondering how far is too far to drive for weekly visits? Gas doesn't come cheap! ;)

How far would you drive to ride your best friend? (sorry canines, we love you too :p )

depends how many spare hours id have in a day really, i have my own stables and live there so for me its takes me 2 secs, but im living with my bf atm, although im not doing the horses as i now have a groom its 12 miles from his to there and that takes about 20 mins

i live half an hour away from my yard but i work and go to uni over an hour away. in the week, because I go to uni (finish at 5) in central London by the time I get to the yard it is about 7.30/8 pm and when working (3days a week and finishing at 6) i don't get there til around 8.30 as I work in Surrey and star is stabled in Essex (where i live).
doesn't help with rush hour traffic. I spend about £50 a week on petrol

I think it took me about 40minutes to get to the RS from home on Friday. It only takes 20 from the Main Campus at Uni, but it takes me 50minutes+ to get to my campus unless the traffic is non-existant.

I keep my horse about a 10minute drive from home though.

It takes me an hour and a half to get my daughter and horses to the riding school for lessons, would be a bit less if we just went in a car

Wow, some of you travel ages for your horsey fix :eek:

Merlyn is literally 10 mins walk in a straight line from my house, or I can be lazy and get any of 3 buses for free for 2 stops, and walk 2 mins from there! With the evenings drawing in, it's safer to get the bus anyway.

I'm lucky it's a pretty good yard, or else I'd be much more stuck for horsey time. Because I do so much, locality is key with me :)

I am jealous Kathryn128. You're so lucky! Most of us take quite a while to get to our nearest horseyland. But, you gotta do what you gotta do to ride right? I look forward to every Saturday noon. :D

Right now since I am at college I only have a 5 minute ride to the stables:D. But from home its about 30 minutes!

For my old riding school it was an hour to get there.

newrider.com