How do you dry yours??

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
I tend to leave the rug on my horses back when its wet, because it dries a lot quicker, and my horse isn't wet where it matters (body and chest area). I hate it when I leave a rug to dry on its hook, and its still damp a week later.
How do you get yours to dry, would you leave it on the horse, after all, there's no sense on having 5 rugs hanging up waiting to dry, and having nothing left to put on? Or do you love to rug your horse so much, that you own at least a dozen out doors:D

Last edited:
When my horse had a stable (before I was a cruel mummy and chucked her out in a field to live lol) I always used to leave her rug on her to dry overnight if it was wet. It's the only way (unless you've got the luxury of a heated rug drier).

If you hang it up in the stable it'll take forever to dry, especially in this weather.

I hang over the stable door at the moment - but mw's are firmly in a box and shes only out in the days so not even sporting a lw now (was wearing one at night, but shes decided she likes to come ing every night :rolleyes:)... I do have a problem getting her muzzle dried in time though :(

After almost 27 years owning Gaz she now has quite a collection of rugs :eek: and comes in at night during winter, so she doesn't tend to run out thankfully. I have a pallet wedged between two round bales and hang my wet rug over that. It dries quite well as the air gets through to the middle too. If I have more than one wet rug I usually find something around the farm to hang them on (sheep hay racks are quite handy ;)).

i always leave wet rug on also

if i have to take a wet rug off i hand it over stable door inside out so to say

newrider.com