How cheeky is this?

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
Recently we had our big Conifer chopped down, as it was blocking the light and effecting our Sky Dish (we're having signal issues partly down to the tree, partly because we have a new roof)..
The end Terrace house backs onto ours and next doors gardens (Old Lady lives there, family comes round every day to see her).. they recently had a new fence (less private :frown:)as the winds pretty much wrecked a few of their panels a couple of weeks ago.. next door has a small shrub like tree in the corner, mostly on their side, it's about 15ft tall..
The owner of the end terrace, asked if they wanted their tree removing "as it was blocking the light to their tree on the other side if the fence".. we're in Spring, the Shrub has yet not started to go into leaf, and is not a daylight blocker (also, they do get sunlight but it's blocked by their own conservatory)..
Next door was cutting it back yesterday, I felt sorry for them, as they love this shrub, it flowers every summer, small rose like white flowers, they refused to allow them to even touch the shrub, said they'd cut it back but no way would they have it removed.. The end terrace house has a large young tree, that blocks the light from our garden.. should I go round and offer to remove that, as it's killing our lawn? 80% is moss now, due to poor light caused by this tree and a hedge running next to it (well, if they have the bare faced cheek to say the shrub is damaging their tree when it clearly isn't, I think we should go round and make a genuine request about them cutting back theirs)..

Last edited:
Oh it is beyond me how these things happen - I was lucky when we lived on an estate, I had less trouble. It is since moving to the countryside we've had issues with stuff. Nobody ever agrees about fences and stuff....and shrubs etc. I remember watching a programme years ago about some people who had huge conifers and it all got nasty......oh dear.

I've never liked the conifers in our garden, they suck up all the moisture and make the soil acidic.. we do still have the other, but it's half the size, Oh wishes a few more feet had come off to make it easier to keep short.. I have no intention of fathing with the light sucking tree, with all the new fence panels, they might just realise for themselves it's too close to the supporting wall under the panel anyway, as it's now push the drystone wall out several times with it's roots..

newrider.com