How big will my Cobby get?

He might do! He is a registered class 1 Connemara which means that both his parents would have to have been 14.2hh or under. I don't know if that means that he can't grow higher than that? I will find out in time.

Doesn't mean he can't get bigger, but unless you want to show him as a Connemara I wouldn't worry about it because if you did want to sell over height Connemaras are much sought after.

Doesn't mean he can't get bigger, but unless you want to show him as a Connemara I wouldn't worry about it because if you did want to sell over height Connemaras are much sought after.
I most definitely do want to show him in registered Connemara classes, so I'm hoping that he doesn't grow too big. I have always enjoyed showing and hope that we might be able to get out to some in-hand classes towards the end of the year. The Connemara breed society run lots of events and I would love to join in with these. I want to do everything with him.

Want to thank you all for the messages! We are a few months in since this began and he is standing at 12:1 💕

So you never know, he may be a solid 14hh but may is spelled carefully of course 🤣 he’s currently on box rest due to him going through a bit of wiring! (Understatement )

Attachments

• 46DA0833-208A-4627-A472-5278546577E2.jpeg
    46DA0833-208A-4627-A472-5278546577E2.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 5
He's a cutie and do pop back and keep us up to date on his adventures.
He will probably make 13hh.
I got mine at 2 and half standing 13.2hh and she made 14hh.
Height isn't really relevant to be honest.
She's got a mind of her own and body to match, I didn't want her to make the projected height!! She's just fine as she is.

Sweet face he's got. If he's solid and makes 13hh he'll feel like 14 to ride - I speak from experience!

It’s strange reading back this thread and seeing how excited I was about buying Baby Pony. He failed the vetting so it never happened. But I am now riding a cob pony. Not sure how big he is exactly but about 13.3hh I think. He carries me well but I do feel slightly too big for him at times. I now look at horses the same size as my old horse and they look enormous!

Reactions: Huggy
Sweet face he's got. If he's solid and makes 13hh he'll feel like 14 to ride - I speak from experience!
Yes this.
Mine rides bigger than she looks.

At the end of the day its the withers we measure. If mine has a few inches she would sound bigger but not be bigger.

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com