Horsing Around Saddlery - Be Warned!

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
Just wondering if anyone had used Horsing Around Saddlery for anything? I ordered a girth on the 23rd August, rang them a few days later as it hadn't arrived only to be told that it wasn't in stock. I bought a girth from my friend then and so rang and cancelled my order which still hadn't arrived with them. This was on the Monday and I was told I would have my paypal account credited by the end of the week. This didn't happen, I telephoned last Monday and spoke to an incredibly rude woman who pretty much informed me my refund was at the end of a very long list of priorities and after I tried to explain that a fortnight was long enough to sort a refund out and she put the phone down on me.

Needless to say I have still received no refund and have had to start a dispute through Paypal. I wouldn't mind so much if it was only a small amount, but its nearly £60. Grr .........:mad:

Theres been lots of rumours flying around about that place.

One is shes going under, another is she got broken into and had all her stock stolen and another is shes ill.
Theres another thread on here last week/week before about the place too.

I posted on a thread about her a couple of weeks ago. But basically, I ordered some sportabac boots way back in February :eek:and they have never arrived, have asked why, no valid reason, asked for refund, none given as yet. A very snotty letter from my solicitor (o/h :p) has just been sent threatening them with legal action and I have reported them to trading standards.

This woman in particular has made me wary when ordering off the internet now, its such a shame as I will no longer support the smaller online retailers and just go for the big boys such as Robinsons, Derby House, Rideaway etc.

This is not hearsay, this is fact, please do not order from this 'retailer'

Complete cow she is, whoops am I allowed to say that :confused:

I agree - I order loads from over the internet and touch wood with the exception of her, everyone is so kind and helpful and goods arrive magically.

I am hoping Paypal will do a refund - but have to wait til the end of the month to give her a chance to respond, but think contacting Trading Standards is a good idea. Shall do that tomorrow. People like her should be stopped.

I ordered a saddle pad THREE MONTHS AGO!!! :mad::mad: I can't get any replies to my emails or letters and they won't answer the phone.. I'm currently in contact with Trading Standards, and going through consumer direct to get a refund.. I'm so annoyed.. They defiantely deserve to be named and shamed on here :mad:

I used to regularly order things from her and all arrived quickly etc but recently have heard a lot of bad things a friend ordered a load of stuff and never got it so in the end we went over there and asked for a refund.
I don't like or trust the woman.

I posted on the last thread a couple of weeks ago about them. I ordered Sportabac boots last year and had a nightmare getting them. So it must be hell of an illness if she's using that as an excuse for treating her customers so badly!

Also - she was so rude to both myself and my OH when we called to try and find out why we hadn't received. All we were asking for was the parcelforce tracking number to locate ourselves as after 4 days she still hadn't come back to us after our initial few calls. Her general attitude to customers is disgusting.

My advice - pay the extra £1-£2 per product and buy somewhere else!!!!!!

Just to say thanks to Paypal I now have my refund. One month later - grr... Awful woman, hope nobody ever deals with her again:)

i ordered some jods at the beginning of february, after a week nothing arrived, i emailed asking what was happening and got no reply, waited another week still no jods, tried ringing and got totally fobbed off on the phone, waited another couple of weeks i then sent a a***y email , telling her she was not legaly allowed to take payment for my jods if she wasnt going to bother sending them, i eventually got my reply with her trying to blame me, saying i was to impatient and that she had replied to my emails numerous times explaining the jods werent in stock and wouldnt be for another month or so!! (i didnt receive any communication from her), she also said i was rude, i asked for a full refund and up until this day i havent received it, never again i like to support small shops but this woman has seriously put me off big style

Oh SHOOT guys i ordered a western girth literally yesterday from there!!! Am now off to cancel and go with western scene who are sending me my pad instead!! Thanks for the warning!

Don't forget to contact your credit company if you paid that way as they may well have protection polies in place so you get your refund and then they chase this business to recoup their losses after that ;)

I emailed Professional Choice in California (as it was a professional choice item i ordered) and she has emailed me back saying that they sent their order to them end of August and will look into what is going on.
I have filed a dispute through paypal, left numerous telephone messages and emails to the company and had no reply.
I know i only ordered my product on the 19th September but 2 weeks without contact is not good enough, especially after doing a search on them and finding this thread!

I think everyone who ordered through paypal will get their money back - but start a dispute now - paypal gave her two weeks to sort it out and then I got my refund - I think paypal have the authority to just do the refund. Best of luck.:)

newrider.com