Horses shot dead.

Why take it out on innocent animals?

Lets hope they were shot at close range as they wouldn't know anything about it then, would be quick.

Shot gun from further away would have been awful and slow death.

Sorry to be macabre but I am hoping it was quick for the poor ponies :frown:

" a kind of shotgun"........apart from calibre, how many "kinds of shotgun" are there.

This is quite close to me too. Really sad. :( I can't imagine how the owners must feel and the poor horses.

I would hate to try and shoot a horse with a 410......that's just cruel.

I would hate to try and shoot a horse with a 410......that's just cruel.

Its certainly got enough clout for sheep, deer and foxes but wouldnt fancy my chances on a horse. You can do it with other gauges too and would depend wat they were loaded with too. Too many possibilities to consider!
I'm amazed at shooting 2 as surely the noise etc would have made the other run. Unless they are used to shooting. My lot stand in the field with birds dropping round about them.

Well, that's his chances of ever getting a license scuppered in the future.....or one would hope!

I`m sure the whole truth will out eventually, it usually does ... but absolutely heartbreaking for the family involved, those poor children witnessing that, and those poor ponies :( .... I hope they string the ******* up !!!

newrider.com