Horses age

tbtess

Bella, Poppie, Tess
Aug 24, 2005
Selby
I read a thread once on here about horse's age but i can't find it! It said you times the horses age by 3, minus 3 and add 15. Does anyone know if this is true or not??? Was told today that horses are the same age as us. Now I am stumped! Need help on this one :eek:

Wow .. times 3, minus 3 and add 15?!?!

Wow .. poor Cheek is old then haha! so are my girls ... ack! And a pony I know would be .. 111! :eek: :eek: :eek: HAhaa poor boy lol ... hehe .. not sure there, I wouldnt say it was that much though, because he is still ridden at 33! :)

Cheeky said:
Wow .. times 3, minus 3 and add 15?!?!

Wow .. poor Cheek is old then haha! so are my girls ... ack! And a pony I know would be .. 111! :eek: :eek: :eek: HAhaa poor boy lol ... hehe .. not sure there, I wouldnt say it was that much though, because he is still ridden at 33! :)

I know what you mean, it would make my girl 48, :eek: but as i said it was a thread i saw on here and was just hoping to find out if it is true or not because a girl on my yard says she thinks her vet told her they age the same as humans?

My Maggie is 5 years old.

So her age x 3 would be 15 (Oh my gosh, babies having babies! lol)

Using the other method (age x 3 - 3 + 15) she would be 27

Hmm I wonder which one is right.

Hmm - maybe I'm missing something cos maths isn't my strong point :rolleyes: but why would you multiply by 3 and then minus 3 before adding 15 - why wouldn't you just multiply by 3 and add 12? Doesn't sound right to me...

Lou-lou said:
Hmm - maybe I'm missing something cos maths isn't my strong point :rolleyes: but why would you multiply by 3 and then minus 3 before adding 15 - why wouldn't you just multiply by 3 and add 12? Doesn't sound right to me...
LOL. Good point! Sounds suspicious, doesn't it?!

DJ is 10 so he would either be 30 or 42 (older and wiser than his Mum which sounds about right)

Bixby is 11 so she would be either 33 (like me!) or 45.

Minose is 1 so she would either be 3 or 15 (now that one is kind of weird. There's a big difference between a 3 year old and a 15 year old.)

Lucky for you I was able to find a very scientific chart that will be super easy to use (no math- just looking...)

Attachments

• agechart.JPG
    agechart.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 38
Alfie is 6, so...

x3 = 18
Other method = 30
Chart = 24

So... an average of.... 24!!

Looks like the chart is just about right :)

newrider.com