Horse way too fast!

curiou_mare

Feb 4, 2005
ontario
www.aperos.com.ve
I need some advice on how to slow down a horse. :( Her owner finds she has too much energy and tries to burn it by letting her go really really fast as soon as she gets on her. But that still doesn't work. I have tried many things to get her to slow down but nothing is working. I have no idea if she's confused, stubborn, or maybe wants to play. She also gets distracted very easily and spooks at a lot of objects. She is very rude and pushy around everyone. How do you get a horse to stay still when mounting? I have a lot of things to try to fix and I desperately need help! thanx :)

WOW thats a lot to tackle !!!!!

How do you fit into the equation if someone else owns the horse

do you both ride / work with the horse

if you both do and have different ideas re the horse you will have a difficult time solving the problem !!!

and thd reaon shes like that could be anything from overfeeding .... to ill fitting tack, habit or poor relationship with humans / poor "training".

Sounds to me like lots investigation, agreement with owner re managment and lots groundwork / trust work to start with ;)

She is not getting fed anything that would make her hyper. She get's a 1/4 sc of hifat. She also very young still. I have tried a bunch of different saddles as well as bridles but she seems to do the same thing. Hope that helps a bit. Thanx

newrider.com