Horse Transport - West Yorkshire

izzy18

Aug 21, 2004
Up North!
Visit site
Can anyone recommend anyone good for horse transport in West Yorkshire area? We're looking for a horsebox/lorry to transport two 15hh cob types to a local show in May this year. Horsebox and driver would be required and we would want to hire for the day and use the lorry as a base at the show.
Must be licensed, insured, have breakdown cover etc.

Does anyone know how much we could expect to pay for this kind of service? First time we've needed it, as only sold our own transport last year! :mad:

Also, if anyone has any bad experiences with firms in the West Yorks area, please could they PM me, so I know if there's anyone we need to steer clear of? :eek:

Thanks very much everyone! :D

i believe there was a guy called james at riakes hall at tong did transport

it will be costly though , full day for lorry , fuel & man , i'm not sure you'd get change from £200

I'm based at Raikes and can recommend James - I can let you have his details if you like.

If he's busy (does lots of weddings and shows through the summer) I have another transporter I use in Oakenshaw near Bradford - his name escapes me at the mo :rolleyes: - he charged us £120 to transport 3 horses 55 miles and back and wait 3 hours this Sunday when I did a funride.

Last edited:
newrider.com