Horse transport help?

Rokx

Aug 1, 2007
Can anyone recommend any good horse transporters (with driver!)?
I need someone to move my new horse (yay!) from Suffolk to Bristol in September so if anyone near Suffolk or Bristol could recommend anyone (as I thought it might be cheaper that way?) then that would be great! Or any national horse transport companies who you've used & have been good! Anyone?
Thanks,
xxxxxxxxxx

Eric Gillie is GREAT, we use him all the time, the last one went from Shetland to Jersey, he arrived in fine fettle and happy as Larry. Can't go much farther in the UK and stay in the UK!

I agree....... Gillie is brilliant. I took my last boy from Fife To Sussex. They have all their own stabling on route, are fully insured and have lots of experience. He arrived five days later (they dont travel on weekends) and because it was a shared load (of which there are plenty going on all the time) it was £250 plus VAT - not at all bad for a 500mile trip and four nights stabling! Unfortunately I lost my lad while I was in the South but by the time I returned to Fife I had a new fella. He came back up with Gillies for the same.....ohhh and they have lorries to die for!!!!

transport

p s rawlings , bath. say you want to use tony, he is lovely, resonable and comes in a fab , plush horse box!!! He only does it as favour to pete rawlings as he has his own race horses and show ponies! But am sure he would if you asked for him, he really into his horses too so your horse gets best treatment along the way!!

Good luck xx

Sue Rivers - Phoenix Horse Transportation - 07709 896891

Another recommendation for PS Rawlings - excellent service and kind with the horses

newrider.com