Horse trailer paint.

tikkitti

Mar 8, 2015
Hi, After debating whether to give up on my very old Ifor williams trailer and buy a replacement, Ive taken pity on the Ifor and its staying:) It old yes but Ive had it from new and for the amount I use it I couldn't justify buying a new replacement and so its having a diy revamp. Ive hammerited the roof and bought some cellulose gloss paint online, today I painted it:). I bought mini rollers and brushes and although still a few bits (round ramps) to finish and a quick second coat to do and the wheels etc to paint too. The trailer does have the odd dent etc as in its hayday was used twice a week. Anyway if anyones painting their trailer, I found cellulose paint actually easier to use that hammerite and the cellulose dried in 20 mins too. I now actually wish I'd bought silver cellulose for the roof.Here's a pic, new Ifor sticker,horses in transit sticker,spare wheel cover etc to go back on yet too and a bit of welding needs doing too. x

Attachments

• IMG_20150405_194938.JPG
    IMG_20150405_194938.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Reactions: domane
Looking good, being brought up round old VW's I've done a few hand paint jobs and as long as you get the prep right they look good and last well :D

Hi, Its not perfect but looks a darn sight tider than it did:) Never used cellulose paint before and was really impressed by it, the trailer maybe dropping to bits but the paint works shiney. It really should of been replaced but it has sentimental value to me:) That trailer took my favorite 14.2hh all over, sadly we sold him( still regret it) but still have the trailer. Does anyone else feel attached to their trailer or is it only me?

I painted my old ORANGE Sinclair with some Garage door paint I bought in Lidl! it looks fab, did with gloss roller several thin coats it looks amazing ! I wouldnt sell it cos it does the job, its light and airy and carries my 16.2 tb perfectly !

newrider.com