horse safe beaches near glasgow ?

Ayr Beach is long and wide, busy in summer, Troon beach is also accessible, there is parking on the seafront at Ayr, better access than Troon

Irvine beach seems to be the one that I hear folk talking about. However, Cimmaron posted a pic of her on here at Stevenston Beach... my friend and I went to check it out with the dogs first.

It looks fab :biggrin:

Maria, have you thought of Irvine beach? My folks live there and whenever I visit I'm always really jealous of the people riding their horses along it!

There is parking suitable for trailers etc.

Looking forward to seeing photos of that!

Maria,

Having just moved to Ayrshire I have been sussing out the same! I love Ayr beach too but I have been told Irvine beach is longer and wider - coffee shop there too apparently :biggrin:

Hoping to get down there as soon as the hosses are fit enough. Waiting on some lovely person with a trailer/box to offer me a lift :biggrin:

Irvine beach is fabby and its the one I always trip to as you han pretty much gallop for a good two miles if you go really early :D

I'm planning on taking S once she's fitter :D

Ohh so irvine beach sounds like the place to go then :D, i am just trying to work things out to plan a day with Petri, maybe Red too, now I know where i am going I can start getting quotes for transport and start getting little lady a bit fitter :D

newrider.com