Horse hunting anyone? :)

Melrose

Jan 23, 2012
Okay, when I eventually get a horse I have a list of things I want it to be:

A Friesian.
A Friesian annnnndddd lastly.. a Friesian!

After having a fond love for them for a longgggg time and just staring at tazzy-anne's pics of Xander, I can no longer put it off. My mission for getting a horse in a year or two, will be for a Friesian. I have had a very brief look for them but they seem to be very limited - I mean, I know they are not your average TB, Welsh, Arab etc. But does anyone know of a site where they seem to find some? :smoke: I've looked on Horsemart so far!

Ta my lovelies :biggrin: I'm quite lucky as OH's parents are lending us a big lump sum to add to our next mortgage, which out of that cash, I am allowed to buy a horse :redface: Budget of about £4000 though I think.. so not sure what i'll be able to get for that.

Last edited:
My friends got two, both of which she bought straight from field and didn't pay a lot for them. The one that I'm familiar with has turned out to be a lovely riding horse and is absolutely stunning. Hope you find what your looking for.

Yeah, i've seen some lovely little yearlings for sale, that would turn into big, sprightly beasts :biggrin: not that I could have a youngster as I know i'm not experienced enough with them, but I love looking at them all the same :wink:

newrider.com