Horse Hunt 2

Looking around isn't lack of basic schooling, it's a lack of confidence with what they are being asked to do, by a rider they've just met.

Lack of self carriage can be achieved with some work.
How are they described?

The mare is just my cup of tea, but the pictures of her with her owner worry me a bit!

I saw this mare and nearly sent you her ad. I thought she looked lovely - worth a long drive maybe?
they have now moved her to a yard to be sold from. £8500..... 2 1/2 hours away. I like her a lot. Was in touch with the owner couple of weeks ago but didn't go as where she was there was no trial facilities. Could only go on Sunday this week. Know where she came from in France. Can't find the original ad - can you send me the link. My farrier has just sent me info on a horse he has been to see as i asked him to keep an eye out so contacted the owner.

She is with a group though, and she is very sweaty! The rider looks quite stressed and not very stable.

I do think she is an attractive horse, but she looks too strong for me!
she is quite short legged so is a bit perched the horse didn't try to cart me when i rode her and was quite obedient

And the farrier has found me a 15hh piebald gelding for sale about 10 minutes away too, 11 years old, not done much other than hacking, there is a hilarious video of him jumping, he hasn't a clue but he TRIES. he is also barefoot which is a huge bonus, feet like iron. HIs name is Basil.

He looks kind, there are some videos of him attempting to jump so we can rule out showjumping...phew....what it did show is that he TRIES even when presented really badly at a fence. He managed to get over two small doubles with flapping reins and lots of kicking. and he didn't take offence. He seems to me to have a nice nature.

Last edited:
Oh i like the last one. He looks to have a bit of something about him and at only 11 plenty of time to sort out the schooling so he goes how you like them to.

Oh i like the last one. He looks to have a bit of something about him and at only 11 plenty of time to sort out the schooling so he goes how you like them to.
going to see him tomorrow, my farrier found him, he saw him this week and found out he was for sale. He is also barefoot, feet like iron. £2-3000 20 minutes away

newrider.com