Horse Family Trees

Doogie

May 7, 2009
In a bubble
Decided to trace Igg's Welsh D family tree as far back as I can and I am finding it utterly, utterly fascinating. So far I think he looks very much like his grandsire Ty'r Capel Comet.

On this grandsire's side alone going waaaay back I have found:

2 welsh ponies named Broccoli and Sprouts who were mated in 1865 to produce Cauliflower, a welsh cob !

An "Australian pony" names Dance with Me in 1835

Eclipse the famous TB racehorse

the Darly and Godolphin arabians

Loads of other TBs, arabs and hackneys

The oldest entry I have found so far is the Lister Turk arabian in 1687.

Obviously Igg will share this history with loads of other welshies & other horses but I just find it amazing that hairy bundle of quirkiness I call mine could be related to the race horse Eclipse. :bounce:

Could be a full time job but I am going to go through the rest of his Great Grand parents to see what else I can find.

Has anyone else does this? Did you find anything funny?

Reactions: HaloHoney
Hi Doogie, having seen the lovely ancestory pics, I posted in the 'breed section' to see if there are any other Welsh D's sired by Trevallion Harry - Ed has Nebo Black Magic bloodlines...

OOh our horses are related! Although I think most Welshies have Nebo BM in there somewhere (he must have been a VERY busy boy!:smoke:)

Will post anything interesting I find out.

I am such a loser but I love history. Would love to do my own family tree - but it seems to be far easier to uncover my horse's!

mine also has cauliflower on his family tree!! and some hackneys also. mine has "old flyer" come up several times way back in his pedigree, a welsh cob who was apparently blind!

OOh our horses are related! Although I think most Welshies have Nebo BM in there somewhere (he must have been a VERY busy boy!:smoke:)

:giggle::giggle: Neb Black Magic is Ed's great great great grandsire.. (it's quite easy if you google is sire Trevallion Harry - there's loads of info about him).

Good luck in your search, sounds like you're doing well :biggrin:

Have you used this site? My horse came with a family tree that goes further back than this website so I have never bothered to go any further but I added her on here.

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/amerron+rhia

another one with Nebo Black Magic. Apparently up to 95% have Nebo Black Magic somewhere in the family tree.

I put a post on the other day, Rhias breeder got in touch with info of the rest of her family that are still alive. Brothers, sisters, aunties and things. It was fascinating :)

I love all the photos you have up. Lovely welsh Ds :inlove:

allbreeds is a great reference site.

Doogie - Ig looks very much like his sire and grandsire! Seeing the pics should give you a good idea as to how he will fill out when he builds up his muscle. Inca has all of those old horses in her bloodlines too, inc Parc Flyer.

Mr Ed - Trevallion Harry is a very well known lad, what's yours called? As far as I'm aware the Danaway stud have T.Harry and they're incredibly successful producers.

My Stormy is Ebbw Victor grandsire on his dams side and Trevallion Comet grandsire on hid sires side. No Nebo Black Magic but plenty of Derwin lines and Fronarth lines in there. It is very interesting though.

Kira has different breeding Brynymor Welsh Magic and Nebo Black Magic feature in her breeding along with Synod,Derwin and Craignant/Parc bloodlines

Decided to trace Igg's Welsh D family tree as far back as I can and I am finding it utterly, utterly fascinating. So far I think he looks very much like his grandsire Ty'r Capel Comet.

On this grandsire's side alone going waaaay back I have found:

2 welsh ponies named Broccoli and Sprouts who were mated in 1865 to produce Cauliflower, a welsh cob !

An "Australian pony" names Dance with Me in 1835

Eclipse the famous TB racehorse

the Darly and Godolphin arabians

Loads of other TBs, arabs and hackneys

The oldest entry I have found so far is the Lister Turk arabian in 1687.

Obviously Igg will share this history with loads of other welshies & other horses but I just find it amazing that hairy bundle of quirkiness I call mine could be related to the race horse Eclipse. :bounce:

Could be a full time job but I am going to go through the rest of his Great Grand parents to see what else I can find.

Has anyone else does this? Did you find anything funny?

I want to do it really badly but I can't find my pony in it! Her names Annie, her show names Annie Getcher Gun, and she's a medium bay welsh pony thoroughbred. Can you help me?? She's in VBHSA and VHSA

our new addition Cyntaf precious Gem is a Welsh C and has Nebo Black Magic in her History, I find it fascinating as well

Kylie do you have her passport, it should contain immediate breeding, if you go to site and add her and what you have then history will populate as you do for any registered in the site

I did with my New Forest. He was related to four of the five stallions that started off the New Forest registry.
He also had tbs and Arabs and probably well known ones.
I think eclipse was in there.

newrider.com