Horse boots

Teehee

Jan 10, 2007
Spain
Good morning,

I was debating to try some horse boots on my horse. Can you ride with just 2 boots on the front or is it better to have them with boots on all 4?

Is there any boot you recommend more than another, I heard Boas are good but I've seen easyboot gloves that look convincing but they seem to be hard to get on...???

Thanks, :)

You might get better responses in the barefoot forum. :)

I've used the Old Mac G2s, but I've sold one pair and listed the other on ebay, because they no longer fit my horse's feet. I'm looking at replacing them with a bigger pair of G2s, and shimming the boots out initially (Daffy's feet are currently longer than they are wide, but hopefully they'll round out) but I'm also open to other options, as I know some boots suit certain hoof types better than others.

I know and trust the G2s, everything else is a bit like unknown territory. I liked them too. Ok they were a faff to put on, especially initially before they were broken in, but they never budged and Daffy wore them almost 24/7 at times.

Whether or not you'll need them on all four depends on how your horse is coping. I think it's useful to have a set of four just in case (and in Daffy's case, he needed them; seriously short feet) but I know many people get away with them just in front, and only over stony ground or for particularly long hacks.

Right now, Daffy is showing no signs of needing boots, so I'm keeping a close eye on him incase I have to order any in a rush. :)

newrider.com