Horse Books, Anyone Got Any Suggestions For A Good Read

I never thought I'd say this but I'm reading the Twilight saga books at the moment and they really are a fab read!!!!

I always used to love the **** Francis books, and there was one called Darkling (lord knows who by) that I really enjoyed

I've read all the twilight books and have just finished the True Blood ones (all 10 of them). They were fantastic:D. I can also highly recommend JR Wards Black Dagger Brotherhood books if you want (very) hot vampires who kick ass:D (I'm away for a hot flush here:eek:)

I never thought I'd say this but I'm reading the Twilight saga books at the moment and they really are a fab read!!!!

I always used to love the **** Francis books, and there was one called Darkling (lord knows who by) that I really enjoyed

Darkling was by KM Peyton - I loved that book too

Dancing With Horses by the hunky hippy Klaus Ferdinand Hempfling for me.

Here's a confession from another bibliomaniac *ssssshhhh*... I just bought copies of My Friend Flicka, Thunderhead and Green Grass of Wyoming. They were my favourites 40 years ago. What will I think now??? :wink:

When posting these ideas can you put a warning on the ones with a sad ending.

I dont care about sad human books but I hate horsey ones which make you cry. Sad aren't I :cry::cry::cry:

Dancing With Horses by the hunky hippy Klaus Ferdinand Hempfling for me.

Here's a confession from another bibliomaniac *ssssshhhh*... I just bought copies of My Friend Flicka, Thunderhead and Green Grass of Wyoming. They were my favourites 40 years ago. What will I think now??? :wink:

Be careful rereading old favourites! When I was young we were given a copy of the book "Blinky Bill" by some Australian relatives. We absolutely loved this book - it became a total family favourite.

I saw a copy of it on ebay recently and bought it for my mum. It was horrible. Blinky Bill is a nasty, obnoxious creature, not the cute Koala I remembered. Our whole family was most unhappy:cry:. I wish I'd just kept him as a happy memory:rolleyes:

Been away for a few weeks, so just catching up with threads!

I second Led By The Grey. Got a rave review in Kelly Mark's magazine too.
I HOPE there will be a sequel.. sigh.

oh soz, it has a website too
www.ledbythegrey.com

YOU MUST READ CHOSEN BY A HORSE!!! sorry for the capitals but it's an amazing book and i cried buckets, so make sure you have tissues handy! I have the Horse Boy to read, it's supposed to be very good. I'm one for autobiographies, read Shear Gold (leslie law) The Stark Approach (ian stark) and more recently William Fox-Pitt's autobiography.

thanks for warning it is sad, but a few people have suggested this one.

i will double check if it will take a month to arrive.

is this the same as the earlier one about the memoirs in hardback?

Last edited:
My Friend Flicka, Thunderhead and Green Grass of Wyoming. They were my favourites 40 years ago. What will I think now??? :wink:

Oh I LOVED those stories, read and re-read them, always cried too (and the film adaptation was never as good as the stories). Still have my battered copy of Flicka, but lost the others :(
Was a fan on the Black Stallion books too

hmm I just found a copy of Chosen By a Horse only yesterday. Don't know where it came from I think a relative must have given it to me. Might give it a read then.

newrider.com