Horse asking to canter?

R

Rob26

I've heard some of you on here talking about your horse asking to canter when you're out on a hack for example.. and how they sometimes get grumpy if you don't let them.

I just wondered, how do you know when they are asking to canter? what do they do?

:)

i dont know if this is what you mean but fleur normally starts blowing and flicking her head about. as soon as i let her go this stops and doesnt really come back until we're on our way home :p Natx

Depends on the horse, Saff will start doing a 'bouncy ball' impression :rolleyes: She doesn't get grumpy if you don't let her though, that's one thing that she's good at even when the other horse shoots off into the distance.

Mind you, Saff prefers cantering to trotting anyway and will happily canter quite slowly at the same pace as those who are trotting :rolleyes: She doesn't shoot off, she just obviously finds canter a more comfortable pace.

hehe i dont have to worry cos skittsy is sooooooooooooo laid back you have to litrally scream in his ear and proper push him to make him go! lol! but he loves to trot once he setts off theres no stopping him untill he gets tierd lol! but there was a few times when we were walking allong a peice of grass and he'd start gogging and if i let him go he just canters (most of the time straight into scoobie! lol!):p

newrider.com