Horse and hound forum

Lexi 123

Sep 9, 2019
Is it just me but it has the horse and hound forum gotten very bitchy . I have gotten a massive amount of hate in the past from the that forum. But I saw a thread a few weeks ago that someone bought a horse it turned out to have a big bucking problem and wanted to return the horse. The girl got a massive amount of hate and abuse. turn out the previous owner of the horse was on horse and hound forum .

I've never been on there to participate actively. I've only ever browsed it maybe three times in total. This is a very friendly forum I think. I can't really judge others though.

Do you mean rearing, not bucking? If so the girl deserved all she got and the previous owner joined to put her side of the story. The horse had been sold with full disclosure, but even when the owner agreed to take her back the girl was posting and bad mouthing the woman on a lot of social media. Yes it can be a bit blunt on there at times, but it's known for it so people who just want to be told they're amazing should know better than to post.

Hi and welcome. We try to be a friendly bunch.

I cant really comment about horse and hound. I dont look at it regularly enough. I dont have an account but occasionally look, to help make me more knowledgeable. To be honest. Id rather use a smaller forum.

Everyones entitled to the own opinions. We do get disagreements on here from time to time. Sometimes if i dont like what you read i find its easier to sit on my hands and not post, or not look at a forum for a few days, or that thread anymore.

Not totally sure what the point of this thread is?
If you feel it's bitchy, why not ask people who are there?

@Lexi 123 it probably doesn't help that the Horse and Hound forum is massive and has little moderation. We're a much smaller group so people feel like they know each other, and if there are problems you can report them and they will be looked into. Yes people will disagree, and just because something is reported doesn't mean it will be removed BUT we do try to keep things civilised as much as we can do.

Last edited:
newrider.com