Horse and Carriage turned away from McDonalds Drive-thru

I used to ride through Mcdonalds all the time!! They proba wouldn't allow it now as my ex used to work there and was pally with the manager!

I've been, but not to the drive through part.. a friend held my horse whilst I nipped in.. one of the staff came out and stroked him whilst I ate.. she liked him:smile: But I wouldn't go to the drive through bit..
A few of my friends have done the same in the past, but recently one was refused, so maybe the rules have changed

Horsey folk in my area use the drive thru so I dont see why not.

Maybe I should take Caymen down! He would not stand still long enough for me to eat though!! :biggrin:

I once tried to walk thru a drive thru after a night out as the main shop was closed ( I was non too sober :giggle:) And they wouldn't serve me!! Me being non too sober felt the need to question this, they said it was due to only being insure for motor vehicles passing thru..could be the reason for horse n cart being turned away ??

I once tried to walk thru a drive thru after a night out as the main shop was closed ( I was non too sober :giggle:) And they wouldn't serve me!! Me being non too sober felt the need to question this, they said it was due to only being insure for motor vehicles passing thru..could be the reason for horse n cart being turned away ??

:giggle: Thats funny

They probably didn't want to serve them because of how the horse was behaving. Why didn't someone stand at his head to keep him still?

As a child I used to go to the local shop for some sweets and leave my pony tied up outside. They even had a rail specially for tying safely to!

When I was in the US, I was on a Greyhound bus and we often stopped at drive-thru's to get everyone on board something. Order would be like - 35 cheeseburgers, 50 fries, 25 chocolate milkshakes ..... :smile:

Ali x

Last edited:
newrider.com