Horrible horrible incident near us :-( upsetting, don't read if feeling fragile

Doeylicious

Oct 19, 2008
Surrey/South London borders
Last night a horse at a neighbouring yard was stabbed in the stomach, and I think bled to death.

A horse about 10 miles away also had its face slashed.

Anyone in the Chipstead/Kingswood/Reigate/Dorking and surrounding areas, please keep your eyes out, and consider stabling your horses at night if it makes them safer/you are able. The first incident happened at a yard where the fields are not fronting any roads, you have to park up and walk a considerable distance, climbing fences etc, to get to the horses, or walk right through the yard which does have guard dogs (and scary ones at that).

Some people....words escape me :mad: :(

that is kind of disturbing. why the hell would anyone do that? my friend keeps her horse in banstead/chipstead. frightening.

that is vile, poor horses. :( thats one of the reasons I put mine in the arena out in the back garden at night, I would like to let them eat grass down in the field all night but I don't like them being out of sight, you never know who is creeping around.

:( thats awful!!

It makes you wonder whether it was some kind of revenge thing because they obviously knew the horses were there and went all out to shock!!

unbelievable!!

I read stuff like this most day re. greyhounds, and it never fails to sicken me, some say you get hardened to cruelty if you see/read enough, but I dont...its disgusting that a human being could stopp so slow to abuse an innocent animal, what kind of values were they taught as a child? I hope they are caught...:mad::mad::mad:

I hate hearing stuff like this. It makes me so darn mad! Why the f*ck would people want to do something like that.:confused::mad: I really don't get it. I hope the buggers that did this are found and killed. - Cos thats what they deserve! :mad:

Run free horsies - I'm so sorry. :(

Doey could you say were the yard was? PM me if you prefure.

Strange things are happening in south-east atm, please please keep an eyeout :(

Unfornuately there was a similar incident near me a while ago. Some cruel, heartless, drunken yobs broke into a field and stabbed a horse. The poor owner found it in the morning (still alive) and obviously had to have it PTS.
How horrific to let a horse suffer like that...
Apparently they terrorised all the horses and littered the field with cans.
A community man hunt, finally caught the gang involved and a boy got sent to prison. Unforunately is want very long before he was let out on 'good behaviour'.

There is no justice in the world.

Thankgod my horse doesn't let anyone catch her but me and to be honest I don't mind that and I wont be in a hurry to change it either.

Of course reading things like this is quite sickening to the stomach and my heart goes out to the poor owner. I would hunt down that yob and make it my life's ambition to ruin his life (legally of course)

However until our government get's somesort of a backbone and actually starts to PUNISH the mentally insane nothing is going to change....

newrider.com