Hope this makes you smile....

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
I took Egbert Macmuffin, my Shettie, out for his first walk the other day.

He was excellent and despite Sioned 'yelling' for him, walked away from
the yard like a little pro. In fact he TOTALLY ignored her:D

He was really good and saw lots of new things and tbh he put me in mind
of Sioned in that anything he wasn't sure about he then wanted to take a closer look at.

On the way back I noticed 3 Lads sat on top of a huge stack of sileage bales. As we walked past they were calling out saying 'OMG look at him
he is like a PIG' lol, well yes, he DOES, sort of:p I just laughed, said 'hello' and
carried on walking.

Got back to the Yard, let him go and about 30 Minutes later just happened
to be standing at the Gate with Sioned when I spotted them coming along
on their bikes, and thought 'HAH, he who laughs last laughs LOUDEST, lol...... Now, for those who don't know, both Egbert (10HH shetland) AND Sioned (14.1HH Welshie X) are skewbald, plus they have quite similar markings, especially to non horsey people;)

I saw them look, then sort of do a 'double take', lol, so I shouted out 'Blimey that
Miracle Gro is fantastic stuff, I only put 2 scoops in his Water when we
got back and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED', just for 'one millisecond' I think
they BELIEVED ME:;)

Then Bertie gave the game away and popped out from behing the stable:p

Last edited:
Ha, thats funny! Lol!:D

When I first took Sonny out up the lane I got my fiance to come with me on his bike. He had stopped to fiddle withis bike so I said I would carry on and he could catch me up.

So I get around a bend and there are a group of teenage lads sitting on a wall. One of them decides to be cocky and shouts ' alright love, fancy me swapping places with that 'orse' out pops my fiance who is over 6 foot, skin head, and rather well built, and replies, 'I dont think so lads, do you?':p:D;)

newrider.com