Hmmmm thoughts

I love his feet, they are so close to ideal, my only thought really would be the butt crack appearance of the frog, its normally indicative of thrush in there, though I know you treat thrush routinely so it shouldn't be, but we have had the wettest winter (and a generally wet last 2 years!) so I guess it could be. Jess gets to a certain point of water saturation then I really struggle to clear it (thrush) until the weather dries up. The left fore has a slightly less developed frog but that could just be normal for him and those hinds are ready to shed, that can sometimes put extra pressure on the frog/cause a bruise (or do on Jess). The hind bars are a bit overlaid. It looks like the farrier trimmed a bit of bar off of the left fore's sole, on the outside? sometimes that can make them a bit feely for a few days.

Reactions: MrC
Thanks. I’ve postes on a few hoof pages but all they keep rapping on about is his Cushings and IR etc. That is controlled and monitored closely by myself and the vets.

He is footy right now. Started just after his trim so I’m thinking the farrier has just taken a wee bit too much off and the thrush isn’t helping. He was crunching over everything right up to that point.

I’m packing the crevasse with hoof putty just now and they are getting Milton-ed everyday before I feed him. I’ve kept him in tonight as I put a lot of putty in the sulcus and I want it to stay there, and it’s to rain pretty much most of the night so win win.

He is fine on all but rough surfaces, if it was Lami or anything like that I would expect him to be sore no matter the surface and react to the hoof testers, I’m a bit brutal with them at times and I don’t even get a twitch.

Reactions: Jessey
Is it a particular foot? I'd do what you're doing, could just be where the farrier trimmed it's brought the sensitive bits just that fraction closer to the ground which is why he's feeling it more, not nec. That the farrier was over zealous with the trim as it doesn't look like he has.

Reactions: MrC
Just seems to be the fronts. No heat or pulses :confused:

He’s fine on grass, a surface or plain tarmac but rougher stuff he’s just not happy with, few weeks ago we were stomping over everything

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com